Chapter 21

It's been 48 hours since I been discharged from observation, and the doctor gave me the green light to start working and training again

It's been 48 hours since I been discharged from observation, and the doctor gave me the green light to start working and training again. Still, I am limited to all the moving around, which is fine. Most of the nurses here I volunteered for was concerned when they found out I was there, and they were also so excited to find out what I was expecting. They were a little shocked at who the father was, but now Jason was just a familiar face around the hospital these past few days.

The nursing director also came by and checked on me and was glad to hear that I accepted the position they offered me a few days ago. Each night I video chatted with Luke, and when Jason and I discussed what was going on, he was jumping excitedly through the screen as I hear my parents giggle in the background. It surprised me to hear how willingly he was to move up here. I still remember the conversation from a few nights ago.

"Mommy, so does that mean you and Jason are together again?" We watch his eyes dart back and forth on screen towards Jason and me. It was quiet at  first, then I feel Jason's eyes turn towards me, and I smile warmly and nod " Yes, Bubba, me and Jason are together again, and in fact, we are growing bigger as a family," I say, looking back at his little face on the screen and he tilts his head in confusion "huh? Bigger? I don't know what you mean, mommy" Luke says with a little hint of intrigue; I look over to Jason " well, go ahead and tell him, " I say to Jason with a smile, and his faces light up, knowing that I'm giving him the honors to let Luke know he was going to be a big brother.

"Well, bud, can I ask you something?" Jason looks back at the screen, staring at my son's face " what's up, Jason?" He replies, cooly acting like it's a man-to-man conversation made me giggle at how cute it was. "How will you feel about having a baby sister or brother?" Jason says with a grin, and we watch his little eyes widen, looking like he half understands the question, "well, that will be so cool. I can be a big brother just like you! I will take care of them, teach them football, and I'll protect them like how you protect aunt Allie and uncle Kevin," Luke replies, and it causes my heart to swell at all his cuteness.

"That's good to know, little coach, because your mom and I are having a baby, and so that means you will be promoted to big brother," Jason finishes the sentence. We both see Luke smile so widely as he does a little shimmy " well, looks like someone is happy," I say, looking over to Jason, and he smiles back. " but buckle up, baby, it's just the beginning," Jason says leaning over towards me, and I melt at his honey-like voice.

We both decided to go back to San Diego together and oversee the movers and settle everything Luke and his school. Since football season didn't really start soon and he was using most of this time here for ad and promotional stuff for his new team, he was able to talk to the coach about giving him a few days to accompany me while we prepared for the move and so I was thankful. I did stress and worry a bit, but Jason made sure he took care of most of it. He really did step up and help just like he promised.

A few days later, we were back in California, settling things and packing up most of the things from the house we needed. Jason seriously convinced me to keep most of the stuff there so it will be furnished for when we come back and visit Luke. I will be moving in with him at his penthouse temporarily until we find a house we both agree on back in NYC, and so I agreed on leaving most of the furnishings. I only took things that would make the house a bit more homely to me, most of our pictures, clothes, of course, my little office with my books and things, and Luke's belongings.