Chapter 6

It was the little championship game for our boys, and Steven and I already knew we would be able to win this; no offense to the other teams, but we were always biased when it comes to our boys

It was the little championship game for our boys, and Steven and I already knew we would be able to win this; no offense to the other teams, but we were always biased when it comes to our boys. The game started well. The boys were rested, and most importantly, they were having fun. The smiles on their faces made the guys and me always happy whenever we saw it.

While the boys were alert and motivated, I was doing my best to be the same, but I couldn't help but be distracted a little whenever I would catch a glimpse of Maria in the stands along with Michelle and Luke's other aunt that came to help cheer him on.

Ever since she walked into the stadium as Luke and the other boys were dropped off to start warming up, seeing her in a pair of skinny denim jeans and his little team shirt made it hard not to stare; she also pulled her hair back in a messy little bun so you could see his name and number on the back of her shirt which made me wish that she would do the same and have my name and number on her back too just to see her at my games in a chargers shirt on her little frame hugging that perfect body or my jersey on her gives me a sense of happiness I never thought I would feel.

I would see my shirts and jerseys on hundreds of women in the stands, and even though I feel proud and flattered, it wouldn't make my heart race as much as thinking about it on Maria. Hell, just seeing her or knowing she is in the stands cheering for me too during a game is enough motivation to score all the damn touchdowns I can just for her, So when Luke told me he wanted to, I completely understood why cause I would feel the same.

The kids played their little hearts out, and we were tied; it was the last play, and we decided to throw a pass to Luke since he was the quickest kid we had, we just told him to catch it and run as fast as his little legs could towards the touchdown and that's exactly what he did, He made the touchdown and we all jumped up to celebrate, we hear the crowd cheer and the parents in our corner were hollering his name along with his little teammates running after him patting his little football helmet.

As he got to the bench, he took his helmet off and gave me the brightest smile I have ever seen on him, and I picked him up to give him a big hug while I patted on his shoulder pads; I was so proud of him. The other team met in the middle, and they all shook hands. Since the boys won, they had little trophies to take home, and they were given a little envelope with three tickets each to the pre-season game we were having here next week against the Raiders.

The camp ended, and everyone lingered around for a bit to take pictures with everyone else; we had a few kids from the other teams come up to us for photos and autographs.

I would see in the distance Luke and Maria at our side of the field with the other parents admiring their children's trophies and were chatting and eating a few snacks that Maria packed up for everyone to share, she was always thinking of others, and most of the men I spoke to said the same, on how she would always volunteer for snack mom or even just help in any way she could with their team since most of their spouses worked and weren't very involved since it wasn't their kind of thing to do.