Chapter 7

I watched Maria lean back on her little patio chair, looking up at the evening sky as her hair lightly bounces with the breeze looking just like a complete angel as usual

I watched Maria lean back on her little patio chair, looking up at the evening sky as her hair lightly bounces with the breeze looking just like a complete angel as usual. She was twirling the glass of wine she had in her hand as I drank the one in mines.

We talked for about an hour, but it felt like 10 minutes. She told me about Luke's dad, her job, parents, and I did the same we laughed mostly. She was so easy to talk to. It feels like I've known her for years. She just had this aura of comfort every time she came around me, I would instantly relax, and it was nice to feel.

I'm pretty sure the wine has something to do with it too. She was charming and talkative, which I liked, but she wasn't overbearing either; it was refreshing to just talk to a woman and not have it only be about me or the NFL; in all honesty, she couldn't care less about me the football player, she knew about it, but she never pressed it at all, she wanted to just talk to me about me, my family and my hobbies and it was really nice just to be myself.

"So do you miss New York? Your parents?" she says softly at me. "I do from time to time, but my mom calls or texts practically every other day to make sure I'm breathing and not brain dead somewhere, and I text my sister here and there, but right now she's on her honeymoon," I chuckle, and I see her smile.

" Oh, that's right, she got married recently, right? she really is beautiful. You all looked so happy. Are you a fan of her husband, or are you that protective brother type and no one will be good enough for your precious baby sister??" she says, looking over to me besides smirking.

"Oh, I am protective, but I do like the guy he is good to her, and she is very happy plus she is a grown woman she can handle herself, so I'm not worried, now our other brother Kevin he's he's the overprotective one starting to accept it, they are fraternal twins, so their bond is a bit stronger I was always the oldest and of course wisest," I say smirking at her looking back at me with a laugh.

"Must be nice to have siblings to look out for you; I am an only child, so it was always just my parents and me; Lisa is the closest thing to a sister I will have. They all live not that far from here, oh, by the way, my dad LOVES his signed shirt you gave Luke for him," she shyly smiles back, "but you didn't have to do that?" she says.

"Pfft, of course, I had to; I'm thankful for everyone who cheers for me, and when Luke said that I was his favorite player that sealed the deal, that means he has good taste in players," staring back at her shining eyes.

"Well, yes, in fact, he is, I've heard your name many times, but I never really seen your face, just a big burly man with a helmet on the television set but now I do, and it's a handsome one, "she grins, and I just want to kiss her red wine-stained lips right now.

"Well, you can now say my name or see my face whenever you want, and I'll do my best to be right in front of you whenever you want me" Mentally praising myself for being able to finish that pickup line without cringing but fuck it that's how I truly felt.