common author mistakes

I'm going to continue this chapter throughout time because as I read I notice these little mistakes that tend to bug me some. I know that many of the books I read are written by people whose first language is not English so I can overlook them easily so this is my attempt to correct these mistakes without insulting someone accidentally.

*one of the main mistakes is often using the wrong pronouns. For example referring to Taehyung and Jungkook as she or her when it should be he or him unless its a gender bend book or something. But I mainly read boy x boy taekook fanfics. I remember reading one and had gotten a good ways into it. There was a part in the book where taekook and a group of friends had gotten together to hang out, the group consisted of both male and female friends. There was one paragraph that confused the crap out of me. I had to reread it a couple of times before I could make sense of it. This paragraph was the writer describing what was happening in one of the boys mind and it took me a while to realize that the person he was thinking about was his boyfriend and just his boyfriend because all of the pronouns were used it would go from he to she and him to her and I had the hardest time trying to figure out who the girl he was thinking about was. Often I can easily overlook this mistake because I can easily tell what was meant but in cases like the one I described it just confuses me and slightly irritates me.

*both couples
ex: both couples are in bed holding tightly to each other. When I read this sentence I think of two different couples not a couple. Both means two and couple means two. It should've been: the couple are in bed holding tightly to each other.

****the word torture and torcher I've seen this mistake often instead of  using the word torture which means to .make someone feel immense pain many writers use various forms of torch which has a completely different definition being something used to carry a flame. I understand the mistake because as often occurs in English, both of these words while being completely different from each other sound the same