ғɪғᴛʏ ғɪᴠᴇ

Start from the beginning

● ● ●

"THEO!"

Theo flinched in surprise when he heard Inez's voice. He rushed out from the kitchen and towards the room she was in with a half-made sandwich in his hands.

"W-What?" he questioned desperately when he saw her standing near the closet while clutching two envelopes.

"I-It.." she turned and looked at him with wide eyes while gulping down her sob "It's for you" she breathed out as his brows creased in confusion.

"What?" he questioned again while walking towards her and standing right in front of her, looking at the two letters.

"T-Theo these are for you!" she exclaimed while showing him his name written on top of the envelope "from my parents I think, it fell from their closet"

At this, Theo stilled. His gaze fixed on the envelopes as he examined his name written in cursive, that writing looked oddly familiar. But he didn't understand why Timothee would write him a letter.

"He hated me right?"

Inez saw his dilemma as she placed her hands on his cheeks which made his gaze land on her "Are you ok? We can read it later if you don't want to right now" she whispered softly as his whole structure visibly relaxed.

He kept the sandwich on the nightstand as he dusted off his hands and wrapped them around her waist while pulling her closer. He rested his forehead against her's and sighed "Thank you, my love"

Inez pecked his lips and offered him a small smile, but his next words surprised her.

"But I want to read it now" he whispered in a low voice as he pulled away and sat on the couch while pulling her to sit down on his lap "let's read it now"

Inez nodded as she handed him the letters, which he took gratefully and heaved out a heavy sigh while opening the one which looked a little older than the other envelope. A letter came out of the envelope.

He gulped as he started reading.

● ● ●

Dear Theo,

I don't know how to start this letter, this is probably my 6th try in writing to you just because I don't have the courage to talk to you face to face.

First of all, how are you?

I know I didn't ask this question much when you were still around and just assumed that you were alright because you were more mature than others. On the way, I forgot that you were just a child too.

I believed whatever my Dad said, I assumed that you disrespected him, disrespected our family name and you were responsible for his weak health.

I assumed a lot of things.

I cannot begin to imagine the pain you must have went through when you needed someone, but no one was around. All my life, I thought I was the one who was betrayed by my little brother but when I found out the truth...it broke me.

Yes, I know what happened to you when Father had his first stroke.

You went to him to take back what rightly belonged to you. I didn't know what happened for years, even after his death I didn't have the courage to watch the CCTV tape of the office.