Chapter 40 - Magic Trick

Hisoka's Pov:

I pick the scissors back up as he nods. I cut off specifically chosen pieces of his hair so I can layer his hair. I also cut curtain bangs and he just sits there the whole time trying to sit still. I look at him as I fluff his hair. His face is tinted pink, his skin is incredibly flawless, and his big black eyes stare down at something. I follow his gaze to his hand. I lift his hand and stare at it. He stares at me as I put two fingers on the burn. He doesn't flinch yet the burn is still hot on his skin.

"Why didn't it hurt you?" I ask giving his hand back to him after placing a kiss on the back of his hand. I continue to fluff his hair as he thinks. "I guess...I guess from all the times I've harmed myself" My hands freeze in his hair. The thought of him being so used to harming himself hurts me. I slowly move my hands down to the sides of his face. He stares at me with wide eyes. All I do is put my forehead on his. We close our eyes and stay there for a minute.

I take a deep breath and work up the courage to ask a question I've been wondering for a while, but haven't because I thought it was too personal. "How..how's your mental health Illu?" He sighs.

"Well, better now. it used to be really terrible. I mean, you can see from all my scars. I clearly struggled with self harm but sometimes I just wanted to be dead. Days where I couldn't deal with any of that bullshit. I've tried to kill myself multiple times, but I could never..fully do it I guess. I always held back. Once I did fully give up, I overdosed and...." He trails off.

We keep our heads together and our eyes closed as we talk to each other, except he rubs his hands up and down my arms. "Is that," I pause. Should I let him know Killua told me a couple things? They just made up, but Illu understands Killuas just trying to protect him. "what happened last time?" I finish.

"Yea, I figured Kil told you. I assume he also told you about-" He cuts off, removing his right hand from my arm and holding his stomach. He gags and I immediately get off him. He kneels onto the floor in front of the toilet and I kneel behind him holding his hair back.

Once hes done he apologizes but I shake my head. "We can change the subject love. Besides, you haven't seen your finished hair yet" We stand up and I cover his eyes carefully positioning him in front of the mirror. "Ready?" He nods. "Ready"

I remove my hands from his eyes and he gently blinks them open. He examines his wolf cut. He plays with it a little getting the feel. He looks at me through the mirror and smiles. He leans against me and says "I love it" He spins around again and kisses me. I reach behind him and unplug the curling iron then gently return the kiss. He slowly pulls away and I pull him back into our bedroom.

When I look at the bed I remember I had never cleaned the deck of cards I had dropped. "Would you like to see a magic trick?" I ask Illu. He nods unsurely as I move behind him and take his wrists. With just a flick of his own hands, the cards mysteriously disappear. I put my head over his shoulder to see his shocked face. "How...?" I smirk. I love his cute reaction."Now, bed time babs"

I pull him next to me and pull the covers over us. "Or..." He gets on top of me and I feel my face go red. He kisses down my neck. "Are you...are you sure your ready?" He pulls back and whispers in my ear. I can feel his hot breath on my face which makes me go insane. "I promise"