Chapter 11

POV Danielle
Today is Thursday and Stefania is coming over in about 30 minutes to make the pizza. The others are going to be here at about 7 p.m. to eat the pizza and afterward, we'll watch the show together.

I am still a bit worried about Stefania. She acted just so weird on Monday but then on Tuesday, it was like nothing happened and she was like she usually is.

We'll shoot the vacation scenes tomorrow and I'd lie if I'd say I'm not nervous. I'm just so excited about how it'll be filming those scenes with her. I know that they will be pretty sexual.

"Hi, Bella!" Stefania says to me as I open the door. "I hope you don't mind I brought Jeff"
"Oh, no. That's totally fine. Good to see you." I pull her into a hug.
"What is all this stuff for?" I ask while pointing at the bag she's carrying.
"Ingredients for the pizza, Bambina"
"I could have gotten these things, Stefania. Now I look like an idiot for letting you cook for all of us with your own ingredients."

We walk into the kitchen, Jeff follows us. I get a bowl, fill it up with water, and put it on the ground for her.
Stefania puts the things down at the counter and says "Don't worry, Bambina. You want to help me?"
"With the pizzas?"
"Yeah, what else would you help me with right now?" she clearly makes fun of my not existing sense for logic.

"Are you excited for tomorrow?" Stefania asks me. She just put the flour on the work surface.
"For our scenes?"
"Yeah"
"I couldn't be more stoked to be honest"
"I'm excited for when you have to do the push-ups."
"Obviously"
"Huh?"
"Well, you always say how much you love seeing me in action or so"
She smirks as I say that. "That's about true. Now come here and knead the dough"
"As you wish"

"What the heck are you doing?"
"Keading" I answer.
"You will literally fall almost half of the flour on the floor."
"I am trying my best!"
"I can't look at this" she walks toward me, puts her hands on mine, and guides me on how to properly knead. She's kinda hugging me from behind, her head is resting on my shoulder. My heart is beating so fast right now, I hope she doesn't notice that. My breathing is becoming uneasy. Stefania moves our hands through the dough and I can feel her gaze at me.
Does she tease me intentionally or unintentionally? That woman will drive me crazy at some point, in case she hasn't done that already. She gives me a feeling I've never really felt. Not once in my life. She's the only one who has that effect on me.

"You seem so nervous, Danielle. Are you alright?" she asks me, almost in a whisper. I get even edgier as she speaks her words. That sweet Italian accent that I've heard so much in the last time suddenly feels different.
I get out a silent "uh-m". I nod my head afterward because Stefania certainly didn't perceive my insecure tone as a yes. I put my hands out of the dough and slowly turn around. Our faces are only a few inches apart. Her left leg brushes my right one and I shrug at the touch.

Ding Dong.

I look into her eyes. Blue meets brown. It feels like hours, neither she nor I say a word. But then again-

Ding Dong.

"Don't you want to open the door?" Stefania asks after the doorbell rang for the second time. She looks so settled in the position she is in. I nod and she takes her arms away from the counter so I could get going. I go to the sink, wash most of the dough that was on my hands, off, and rush to the door.

Ding Dong.

I open the door and see Barrett staying there, tapping her feet impatiently.
"W-What are you- doing here already?" I ask her. I am proud of forming the first proper words in a while.
"I just wanted to help you prepare for everything." Barrett looks me up and down, then gazes at Stefania. I turn my head too, to see what she is doing. The brunette is currently forming the dough into typical pizza forms, clearly not bothered by what just happened between us two. What am I thinking- It doesn't mean anything to her.
But, would have something happened when Barrett wasn't here? I'm not sure. But there is no way Stefania didn't feel the tension.