Chapter 26

POV Stefania
"Come on, Bambina, turn off your phone," I mumble still half asleep while the bedroom is being filled with the annoying ringtone of Danielle's phone.

She just groans, skilfully ignores me and keeps her head pressed against my neck.
"Danielle, I want to sleep. Turn it off now"

She lets out a deep sigh and eventually crawls out of my arms to turn around and get her phone from the bed nightstand.

The sound abruptly stops after a few moments. Though, Danielle doesn't say anything nor comes back to me afterward. "Bambina, lay down again" I just say to get her attention back.

She obliges without further ado and goes back into the spot she has previously been.
"Who was it?" I ask after placing a soft kiss on her forehead.
"Noone. You can go back to sleep" Danielle says with a very silent voice.

Without giving too much into it, I relax again, and soon enough, I fall back asleep.

Though, the night doesn't stay as calm.
I wake up because of Danielle who is turning and twitching every once in a while. I have never noticed her, being unsatisfied and constantly uncomfortable while sleeping. Whether I have just a very weak sleep tonight or something doesn't fit right with her for some reason.

"Bambina, what's wrong?" I eventually ask as she lets out some deep sighs and groans.
"Hm?"
"Why do you have such a restless sleep? Is something bothering you?" I ask my girlfriend when she turns around to me.

"I am sorry, did I wake you?" she just asks.
"Yeah, but it doesn't matter. What's wrong?"
"No- uhm sorry. I can go to the living room so you can sleep. Yeah? Okay"

She doesn't even give me a chance to answer and leaves the room without another word said.
I can't just leave her alone now so after a few minutes of her not coming back, I decide to head over to my living room as well.

I spot Danielle who is lying on the sofa at the time, some cartoon is playing on the television and Jeff is right next to her and enjoys being pet by the blond.

"Can you come back to bed, please?" I ask her which quickly causes her to put her attention on me.
"No, it's okay. Go and rest"
"I can not rest when I don't know what's up with you"
There's a moment of silence in the room, except for the sounds of the TV.

"Who was it who called you? Has this something to do with you being so restless and uncomfortable?" I eventually ask.

"I don't want to talk about it" she responds while breaking the eye contact we have just kept.
"So it does have something to do with it"
"I don't want to talk about it, Stefania" Danielle snaps.

I try to act like it doesn't affect me, though, every time she raises her voice like that or does anything similar to that, I shrug.
"And you don't have to talk about it if you don't want to. But I'm not letting alone Bambina" I say while trying to sound as calm as possible.

Danielle doesn't say anything in response though, she just keeps looking blank into the nothing.

POV Danielle
After saying this, she just leaves the room. Wow, she can be really confusing at times but okay, as long as she doesn't ask me all the time who it was it'll be fine. I don't want to get in an argument just because of my dad. But I just don't understand why he has called me, overall in the middle of the night too. I hate him so much. He should just stop messing with me after abandoning me for years. I mean, what could he possibly want now?

I hear the creak of the door again just a minute later.
Stefania enters the living room again with pillows and blankets in her hand, she is hardly able to hold everything.
Without a word said, she hands me a pillow, puts another one next to my shoulder where she lays her head on later. Stefania pulls the blanket over us, takes her hand into mine, and places a soft kiss on the back of it before closing her eyes and starting to relax.