Chapter 18

POV Danielle
"You're in love" a voice suddenly says. I turn around in shock to face Barrett seconds after. She's grinning like a teenage boy who just got his first girlfriend.
"Can you not scare me, please?"
"Sorry, wasn't my intention"
"Mhm"
"Though, doesn't change the fact that you're in love"
"Don't say it like that"
"How am I supposed to say it otherwise? I watched you two"
"No, you didn't"
"Yes, I did"
"No, because I looked at you once and you were totally not focused on us"
"Yeah, because I looked away really fast"
"That's not cool, Doss"
"She's so in love too, though"
"Yeah?"
"Yes, you weirdo, of course"

I feel my face heat up and I can not suppress the smile that's building up on my face.
"You should have seen how she looks at you. My gosh. I almost threw up because of all the unicorns"
"Unicorns?"
"Yeah, you know when it's all too sweet and cute and heart tearing and so. Simply unicorns"
"Aha"
"Did you have, you know what I mean? Did you have anything further than kissing?"
"Doss!"
"I'm sorry, I'm sorry. -But did you though?"
"No"
"Anything planned?"
"Oh my God, stop. Do you think I have a date and time now which I can tell you?"
"You're a control freak so it would be possible"
"Wow, just go. See if you can help Stefania, she's taking too long"
"Aw, you miss her already"
"It's not- just go"

POV Stefania
"No, I can't wait to try it out"
"It's definitely worth it, you'll love it, I'm sure," Jaina says in return.

"All good here?" Barrett says to us while we're standing in the house, in front of the still opened door.
"Yeah, sure, why wouldn't it be?" I ask her right after.
"Dani was just concerned because you needed too long. She misses you already"
My face heats up a bit as she says that.
"It's okay, we know about the thing," she says shortly after to calm my nerves, though I already knew she knows. And- it doesn't really calm me down.
Jaina nods with a huge smile on her face.
"Uhm- yeah" I just get out. "I am going to her then"
"Do that" Jaina says afterward.

"I heard you missed me" I confront Danielle as soon as I reach the kitchen counter.
"What- I"
"Barrett"
"Oh, she's such a pain in the ass"
"What, no. That's so cute, I've only been gone for like 3 minutes."
"Sorry"
"Haven't we talked about this, baby?
"Baby?"
"I needed to distract you from apologizing because I knew you would do it again"
"You're too good- and smart"
"Thank you, thank you. Oh, wait- why are you so fast all of a sudden?"
She just laughs and continues to put some of her sauce onto the dough.
"Wait, I have to finish mine too," I say then.

I walk over to the refrigerator to get out the bowl of my self-made sauce. But it's nowhere to find. Did she-?
"Danielle?"
"Hm?" she just groans.
"Where's my bowl of sauce?"
She avoids eye contact and I see her left foot nervously fidgeting. It does not take that long for me to figure out where it went.

"You can't just take my sauce, Danielle"
"But-"
"I would have given you some if you'd have asked, Bella, but you can't just take it"
"I'm so-"
"It's okay. Don't worry. But I might need something to calm me down"
"Which is?"
"A kiss"
"Well, you should definitely get that."

She walks over with a big grin on her face which I love to see every time. Her hands aren't that clean so she tilts her head without touching me anywhere. I slowly tuck her hair behind her right ear and lean down to kiss her. I gently push the tip of my tongue into her mouth which causes her to release a surprised groan.

"Get a room! You're not alone in the house, ladies" Jaina yells as soon as she walks past us to get into the living room.
Danielle immediately backs off and looks at her with wide eyes.
Barrett and Jaina just laugh loudly and walk past us.
As soon as I'm sure they're fine, I lean in again for yet another kiss. My hands rested on her waist. "Okay, let's finish this up here" I eventually say.