Chapter 14꧁🥀✻☘✻☘🌷꧂

My
Daydream, daydream (oh)

You got back home after Byron dropped you off. He headed straight to the Chateaux to update his in-laws about his situation. Meanwhile, you're feeling torn. It's decision time: South Korea or a few months to explore Tokyo.

But the thought of leaving your parents doesn't sit well. You adore them, and being away from your mum will tear you apart.

A headache is starting to brew. You punch in your password and let yourself in the house.

Your mum looks up from her seat on the lounge, flipping through a magazine. You drop your overnight bag and rush over, giving her a tight hug.

 You drop your overnight bag and rush over, giving her a tight hug

"Hey mum, dad mentioned you took sick leave? What's up?...Can I get you a drink...or something to eat?" You asked, a mix of excitement and concern in your voice.

Your mum looks at you affectionately, "Hi love, no, I'm alright. Just the usual trouble. I went for a test, waiting on the results. How was your little break?" She inquires with interest, but you can tell she seems a bit pale and tired.

"The weekend was fine...We hit up the Duchess High Tea, and Sarah dragged me to Harrods. Okay, I went a bit overboard. If I knew I might lose my job, I wouldn't have splurged so much on a daft dress I'll probably never wear. And a pair of Jimmy Choos. Bad timing...Alright, before you get cross, I got you something."

You sprung up and grabbed the gift bag from a top-notch chocolate shop

You sprung up and grabbed the gift bag from a top-notch chocolate shop. Your mum's eyes widened, and she gave you a gentle hug in appreciation.

"Where are the twins?" you asked.

"Keitaro's off with dad, getting everything set for Korea. Kenichi's holed up in his room, glued to his computer. He's buzzing about the auditions. Dad's chatting with this bloke, Mr Song, a rep. He wants Kenichi in for training. Auditions last a month, starting in a week. He's sweating over the KGS and uni acceptance. How'd it go at work?" Your mum seemed a bit stressed.

"I snagged my package at £45,000 with perks. Byron's off to Beijing with his lady, Sarah's sorted for Taiwan 'cause of some massive pad for her soulmate. I was meant to head there, but then Sarah brought up her soulmate. They're even fixing up a job for her bloke, Larry...and they've put me in Busan, South Korea. But I dunno. The clinic's sorting everything, kicking off on 1st March. I don't wanna leave you alone, Mum." You looked sadder and more stressed than your mum.