Chapter 1 - Smile for the picture!!!

Illumi's Pov:

I'm just standing here not giving a damn. Why would I care about this stupid family photo? We take one every year and every year, no one smiles. Killua is arguing with mom for "embarrassing" him when his 'friend' is coming over. Jesus christ. I turn around and walk inside. Nope. Not this today. I'm good.

"Illumi?! Where are you going?!" Ugh mom, it pretty damn obvious.

"I'm going inside, I'm tired." Oh my god, can't I just leave?

"But the picture!" Damn Kalluto.

"Fine" I turn around and walk back.

"Make it quick. One picture. If someone blinks then that fucking sucks"

Killua starts laughing to that.

Milluki rolls his eyes and says "Mama!!"

Our mother says "oh hush now"

Alluka says "Big brother!!!!"

Damn these siblings. Kil is the only one I stand I swear to god.

"Sorry" I say and really quietly I add "stupid fucks."

Kil, who is standing right next to me, starts dying of laughter, and I smile and say

"shutt upp"

He sticks his tongue out at me. Our mother smiling at this, Milluki, smiling for food, Kalluto just smiling because Alluka is smiling.

Then they take the picture. The first one where everyone is smiling.

After that, I run upstairs to my room. I don't know what to do so I just lay on my bed curled up in a very small little ball. After like 20 minutes of sitting there, I hear my mother and father arguing about me.

This happens a lot, but its usually not about me. Usually its about Killua or Milluki.

Last time it was how "Killua should move schools" but "his 'best friend' goes to our school" and our mother didn't want to separate them. So he ended up staying. But this time, its about me. So I listen carefully.

"You need to be more involved in his life!" My mother, of course.

"How am I supposed to be more involved in his life if hes always in his goddamn room?" Fuck my dad.

"You should go talk to him! You hardly even talk to him at supper!"

"Well he never says anything! We have no clue how school is going for him, or about his friends or girlfriends or anything else!"

Well the truth is, I haven't gone to school in a 2 weeks, not because of bullies or anything, just because it doesn't interest me. I also don't have any friends, because everyone's annoying.

Oh and girlfriend wise, there's multiple girls interested in me, but honestly, I don't give a shit about any of them, I couldn't be less interested.

In fact, I've thought about this a lot and I've come to the conclusion I'm gay, so is Kil. He has a boyfriend but we use code "best friend" because our parents are extremely homophobic. In fact, I'm so closeted that I might as well be the king of fucking narnia.

"Well you would know if you talked to him!" I'm good, sorry mom.

"Well if he wanted to talk to us, he would! He obviously doesn't want to! He's a shitty son! And that's all there is to it!!" They both go quiet after this.

The whole house definitely heard it. They'll know I heard, and try to come in and 'apologize'. So I immediately get up and lock my door.