Chapter 23: Family

Seren was exiting Ryuzu's house the following morning when Ryuzu called him over. She was sitting in a chair in front of a large tree next to the house. Seren walked over and sat down in front of her.

Seren: Good morning Ryuzu, did you need something?

Ryuzu: Good morning young Ren, I am suppose to be watching over you, but I have other matters to attend to so I am leaving you in Ryuzu Elma's care. She will be here soon so please wait until she arrives.

Seren: Got it.

Seren suddenly noticed someone was missing, he looked around and found her. Pico was lying asleep on the grass.

Seren: She's adorable when she sleeps.

Ryuzu: Yes, she shows much more humanity then I would expect from a Ryuzu who has only lived for 20 years or so. It seems your kindness and name have given her new life.

???: I have arrived.

Seren turned to see Ryuzu coming toward them.

Ryuzu: She has arrived, it is my time to leave for now. It was enjoyable talking with you young Ren.

Ryuzu Bilma said bowing slightly, she sat up and walk off into the forest.

Seren: So is there something you want me to do?

Ryuzu: I am simply here to watch you, you can do as you wish.

???: Seren!

Seren looked past Ryuzu to see Rem running up to him. She wearing something Seren had never seen before. When she got close to him he could see what it looked like. It was similar to her maid outfit, but it was more Japanese looking and clearly prioritised comfort. She looked stunning.

 She looked stunning

Seren: Woah......

Rem: How do I look?

Seren: Stunning, it's so beautiful.

Seren and Rem layed next to each other on the grass, looking up at the sky. As they looked up at the sky Seren wrapped his arm around Rem with his other hand joining Rem's. 

Seren: You know, when I look up as such a wonderful morning sky, with my arm around a beautiful girl, I almost forget the storm that lies ahead. I'm having a meeting with Roswaal tnogith, I'm not sure what I'm gonna do.

Rem: Don't worry Seren, everything will be alright.

Seren: Well, I hope your- !

As he spoke Seren saw someone in front of him. Pico was standing over the two of them, a smile on her face.

Rem: Ryuzu?

Seren: Good morning Pico. Sorry I didn't tell you yet Rem. There are lots of Ryuzu clones, most of them  can't really think but I have hope for Pico.

As Seren spoke, Pico layed next to Rem, giving her a hug from the side.

Rem: She seems to like me too.

Seren: I guess she recognizes good people.

Rem: She's a good child herself. Why don't we take her on a walk?

Seren: Yeah? Ok.

They stood up, each taking one of Pico's hands in one of their own. They walked together with Seren on the left, Rem on the right and Pico in the middle. Pico smiled and held on to their hands happily. They headed toward the forest trail, not wanting to expose the Ryuzu clones to everyone else. The forest trail was an amazing place. The leaves blocked most of the sunlight, but some managed to sneak past the leaves for a dazzling effect.

Seren: To any onlooker we seem like a married couple and their kid on a walk in the woods.

Rem: If Pico was my daughter I would be a very happy mother.

Seren: She is a wonderful girl.

Rem: Seren, will we ever have children?

Seren: Well that depends. Do we want a family of 4?

Meanwhile

Ryuzu Elma stood kiden behind a tree. She was assigned to keep an eye on Seren, but she didn't want to ruin their moment. As she watched them she kept thinking about Pico.

Ryuzu: How does this Ryuzu already have such human emotions. She smiles, shows affection and many other human traits without being ordered. Young Ren really can get to people's hearts.

Timeskip

They had finished their walk and returned to Ryuzu's house where layed back on the grass once more. This time with Pico.

Seren: I should probably leave to talk to Roswaal.

Rem: Well good luck Seren. I know you can do it.

Seren sat up, and began to walk away toward the town.

Seren: And Rem.

Rem: Yes?

Seren: When this is all over, let's go on a vacation together as a family.

Rem: Yes I would like that very much.

Seren walked off into the distance. Pico waved to him even though he didn't see it.

Rem: There he goes again. Don't worry my child, I will watch over you until he gets back.

Pico turned toward Rem and smiled, she gave Rem a hug, when she let go she gave off a strange sound.

Pico: iwoveyoumomy

Editor's Note: Sorry this chapter was so short with no major events in it. This chapter is mostly for building up the characters relationships and less about the plot. Don't worry the next chapter is almost all plot so look forward to that. Let me know how I can improve in the comments and I'll see you next chapter!