Chapter 4: Friends?

Seren was in the front yard training with IO. He'd been practicing use of unseen hand for the past several days, he'd improved but he just couldn't get the hang of it.

IO: Remember what I told you. Embrace sloth, don't just attack, feel the emotion going through you.

Seren: I've tried that for days but I can't embrace sloth. You make it sound easy.

IO: I know you can do it, you've already learned to take less recoil from unseen hand. Just think to your self that you don't want to bother fighting, so you're sending unseen hand to do it for you. If you can't master sloth then you will never master unseen hand. 

Seren: Alright I'll try again.

Seren focused all his concentration on the unseen hand, imagining it sprouting from his back, he thought about purple texture that seemed to wave strangely, how powerful it was.

Seren:  I'll make this fight for me I'll make this fight for me.

He muttered to himself over and over. When the unseen hand was summoned Seren felt a small jolt of pain. It disappeared as Seren fell back onto the grass in defeat.

Seren: It's no use IO, I just can't do it.

IO: Well you're almost at your limit anyway. Go get some rest for tomorrows training.

Seren: Alright.

Seren sits up and starts heading back inside, as he approaches the entrance he notices the twin maids heading out. As he got close they made a motion that they needed something.

Seren: Hey you two.

Rem and Ram: Hello sir.

Seren: You don't need to be so formal. Just call me Seren.

Rem: As you wish si- I mean Seren.

Ram: Now that you're here Seren we need you're help.

Seren: Sure what's up?

Ram: We need you to come shopping with us.

Seren: Eh?! 

Ram: We have quite a few things we need to buy so we need someone to carry all that for us.

Seren was baffled that Ram had just casually asked her guest to do work for her.

Seren: You want me to be you're pack pony!?!? I am still a guest you know.

Ram: You're a freeloader taking advantage of master Roswaal's kindness so I suggest you try to  help out. You have the ability to summon invisible hands with infinite strength for a reason.

Seren: You know about the unseen hand!?!?!

IO: I don't see why not. you've been training all day, it might be a good opportunity to use multiple unseen hands.

Seren: You too IO! *sigh* fine.

The 3 of them (and IO) head down to the village not to far from the mansion. Arlam village was fairly small with a few shops and just over a dozen homes.

Seren: This place is pretty small for the village of a powerful person like Roswaal.

IO: Well Roswaal doesn't seem like a big city person to me.

Ram: We will buy the groceries. Seren, don't run off to far.

Seren backed up and stood at a distance waiting for the twins to finish their shopping. He stood for a few minutes when he felt someone pull on the back of his jacket.

???: Excuse me.

He turned to find a little girl with blue hair tied in a braid. She wore a simple blue village outfit that went well with her blue hair and eyes.