Chapter 22: Ryuzu

Seren woke up, his arms wrapped around Rem. He stayed in her embrace, she was still asleep so he wanted to make this moment last. He looked at her sleeping face, even asleep Rem was still cute. After a few minutes Seren decided he had looked at Rem enough for now and woke her.

Rem: Hmm? Oh good morning Seren.

Seren: Good morning Rem.

Rem: Did you sleep well?

Seren: Are you kidding? With your arms around me all night, there's no such thing as bad sleep.

Rem: I'm glad to hear that.

They got dressed and walked outside where Ryuzu was waiting for them.

Ryuzu: Ah young Ren, I've been waiting for you.

Seren: Young Ren?

Ryuzu: Ah my apologies, I often give people I meet nicknames like that.

Seren: I see, well I don't mind.

IO: How you doing Kylo Ren?

Seren: Could you stop the 4th wall breaks for now IO?

IO: Gotcha

Seren: Anyway what did you need Ryuzu?

Ryuzu: We are having a meeting about your time in the tomb, please follow me.

Seren and Rem followed Ryuzu to a small building. Ryuzu led them to a room with a large table. Sitting at the table was Emilia, Ram and Garfiel. They took a seat as Ryuzu walked up to the head of the table.

Ryuzu: I have called this gathering to discuss what Seren saw in the tomb. Seren if you would please tell us.

Seren: Well when I ran in there I took a trial.

Garfiel: Eh!

Emilia: Really? Did you pass?

Seren: Unfortunately I did not. And I can guess from the way you said that Emilia that you had no luck too.

Emilia: No I also failed.

Seren: It's alright, but you saw your past right?

Emilia: ! You really did take the trial.

Garfiel: Now hang on! How did you get the qualifications to take the trial Huh?! There's something mighty fishy about you. I don't want you going near the tomb anymore.

Seren: What? I'm one of the only people we have who can take the trial.

Garfiel: And I already told ya! The Princess is takin the trial, not you!

Seren: But why can't I?!

Emilia: Seren are you saying, you can't trust me with this?

Seren: What? No! I think you might be able to do it. But two heads are better then one! Multiple people working together to solve a problem is way better then one person trying to do it alone!

Garfiel: Well it ain't happening! And I don't trust you to not sneak off and do it anyway so form now on I'm leaving you with the old hag when I can't keep a eye on ya!

Rem: I don't think that's necessary.

IO: I agree, I'm always keeping watch on Seren so you don't need to worry.

Garfiel: Oh I don't trust that! You expect me to let his lovebird and his contracted spirit to keep him out of the trial! Don't play me for a fool! The old hag is keeping watch on him tonight!

Timeskip

Ryuzu: I do apologize for young Gar's words but I will be keeping watch on you for tonight.