Chapter 11: A Desire Called Lust

When Seren woke again he got up slowly and looked out the window. Emilia's dragon carriage was nowhere in sight.

Seren: She really left me behind.

Rem: Seren?

Seren turned to see Rem standing in the doorway, a worried look on her face.

Rem: Seren you shouldn't stand yet you're still healing.

Seren backed up and slumped onto his bed. A defeated look on his face.

Rem: Are you alright? Does something hurt?

Seren looked up at Rem. Her eyes had nothing but concern for Seren. He remembered all the happy times they had. All the laughing and tears of joy the two shared. After that Seren fell into pieces. He suddenly pulled Rem into a hug.

Rem: Ah, wait Seren. Please calm down- !

Rem looked at Seren and saw that he was crying. She realized that Seren's pain was not a physical one. But a mental pain deep in his heart. She wrapped her arms around Seren. Consoling him.

Rem: It's alright Seren, your Rem is here for you. You're safe, nothing can hurt you right now.

She continued to speak to him softly in an embrace until he calmed down.

Seren: I'm sorry , I didn't mean to freak you out.

Rem: No worries you were in pain. We promised we would lean on each other remember. So please, tell me what's bothering you.

Seren:....... Emilia left me behind because I lost control of my authority's.

Rem: Yes I heard the details from miss Emilia. You should have told her.

Seren: I can't. If she knew I was related to the one that caused her to be ostracized  because she resembles her what would she think of me?

Rem:..... You may  be right.... but. I'm sure miss Emilia will understand in the end. For now you have to focus on healing. Miss Emilia will be alright. She has Roswaal, Puck, and IO too. You've already given so much to others. Please take the time to care for yourself too.

At that moment Seren realized where he had gone wrong. He had gone against everyone's instructions. Emilia and IO both. He said had done such nice things because he wanted to help his friend. Which was partially true, but mostly. He did it because he wanted to not seem useless he wanted to be wanted.

Seren: Oh my god I'm so stupid. I made such a mistake. From now on, I'll help my friends. No for me, but for everyone else! And thank you, Rem.

Rem: Of course you're welcome.

*knock knock*

The door opened to reveal Felix as he entered the room.

Felix: If you two are done your heart to hear. I would nyow like to start your healing Seren.

Timeskip

Seren had just finished a long healing session with Felix. He hated it. It felt horrible to have someone else messing with his gate. Even with Rem holding his hand in support the whole time, it still left a bad taste in his mouth. He was relaxing in the yard when a servant came up to him.

Servant: The mistress wishes to see you.

Small Timeskip

Seren entered the room wondering what it was about. He saw Crusch sitting behind a large desk at the back of the room with Felix and Wilhelm at her side. In front of it was a set of chairs. And sitting in one of them was.