Chapter 19: Mothers

Felix: I guess I'll see you nyext time!

After the witch cult had been defeated, some of the carriages returned instead of going to the sanctuary, hearing of their victory. Felix, Wilhelm and the rest of the Crusch camp were heading back to the Karsten mansion.

Seren: Yep, thanks for your help Felix. And thanks for healing my gate.

Since the battle, Felix, Rem, Emilia and Beatrice had come together once more and healed Seren's gate a lot. It wasn't completely healed yet, but Felix said not using it for a week or two should fix it up fully.

Seren waved as Felix slowly disappeared over the horizon.

IO: We should head back.

Seren: You're right.

Seren walked back to the mansion.

Seren: I wonder who's been taking care of the mansion while we were gone. It's been a few days since the battle, we haven't been back yet so who's kept this place clean?

Seren grabbed the door knocker and knocked a few times.

???: Yes one moment.

After a few moments, the door opened. Greeting Seren was a girl with long gold hair and green eyes. She was also wearing a classic Roswaal maid outfit. Her smiled revealing a mouth full of sharp teeth.

 Her smiled revealing a mouth full of sharp teeth

???: Welcome home master Seren.

Seren: Um. Who....are you?

Frederica: I apologize for not introducing myself. I am Frederica Baumann, loyal maid of Roswaal L Mathers.

Seren: I see.

Despite her teeth she was still very beautiful and Seren felt slightly lustful at the sight of her.

Frederica: Please come in.

Seren entered the mansion, he sat down on one of the couches as Frederica left to prepare some tea.

Seren: What do you think?

IO: I sense no danger from her. I think she's trustworthy.

Seren: Alright I'll trust your judgement.

A few minutes later Frederica returned with the tea.

Frederica: I must ask. Why is miss Emilia not with you?

Seren: In our battle she was one of the people who left for the sanctuary.

Frederica: They went to the sanctuary?

Seren: Yeah but they should be back in a few days.

Frederica: Seren, if miss Emilia went to the sanctuary then you must act fast.

Seren: Huh?

Frederica: The sanctuary has many problems, you must go there so that miss Emilia may leave. However.