Chapter 26.

Hey beautiful(s), the move that you are afraid to make could be the one that can change anything :)

Note : This chapter is a flashback from before their comeback and they have already moved dorms.

TW // thunderstorm.

⳾*⑅*❀⑅*❀⑅*❀⑅*❀⑅*❀⑅*⳾

      The boys were practicing hard for their comeback which was due in 2 weeks. They had already done their main MV shooting as well as their B-side track MV. Every comeback feels like first. The boys giving all of everything, not wanting to disappoint Engenes. Practicing day and night, not taking a single break, they were finally ready for the comeback.

      The boys were practicing their choreography, keeping in mind even the minute details. "Okay, boys. You all can take a break. You have been practicing hard." Their choreographer said. All of them sat down on the floor with a thump, sweating profoundly. None seem to notice that Sunghoon and Sunoo went out from the practice room except for Jungwon.

      Nothing could be heard except for their loud breathing. None having the energy to talk. But suddenly a loud ringing went off in the silent room, startling the others. "It's mine." Jake announced. He stood up from his place and went to search his phone which was in his bag. He looked at the caller id to see that his hyung was calling, 'Jae-hyuk hyung.'

      "Oh it's my hyung calling." Jake said, excited to hear from his brother. "Hello hyung." Jake greeted and even if you can't see him, you can literally hear that he's smiling. "Jake." Distress clearly heard from Jae-hyuk's voice. Jake frowned at the voice of his hyung, "Hyung, is there something wrong?" By now, the other members got curious as well seeing the frown that took place on Jake's face.

      No voice was heard from the other side of the phone which panicked Jake, "Hyung, are you okay? Please talk with me." A sniffle was heard making Jake panic more. He has never seen his hyung cry so whatever it must be, it has to be pretty bad. "Hyung, you are scaring me. Please say something. Are you okay?" Jake pleaded already on the verge of crying.

      "Yeah. I am fine but mom..." Jake's hyung started. "Wh-what happened t-to mom?" Jake asked full on alert. The other members too huddled up around Jake, seemingly worried for his mom. After all they all are family too. "M-mom got into an accident and is now in the hospital." Jae-hyuk said, crying.

      Jake felt his whole world stop. Tears getting welled up in his eyes. "Hyung, you are kidding right? Please tell me this is not true." Jake asked. "I would be lying if I said that this is not true." Jae-hyuk sighed. That was the last clue when Jake started crying. "I am coming right now, hyung." Jake said wiping his tears with the back of his sleeves and about to stand up. The others full on high alert.

      "No don't. You have your comeback season going on. You have to focus on that. I will keep you updated." Jae-hyuk said. "But hyung-." "No Jake. Stay there." Jae-hyuk said not wanting to burden Jake more. "Hyung, mom will be fine, right?" Jake asked cautiously again collapsing on the ground. "I don't know. The doctors said that mom lost much blood. She's in the ICU as of now." Jae-hyuk said.

      "Please keep me updated." Jake pleaded and after receiving an 'I will.' he cut the call and started crying again. The members were so worried for him. They have never seen Jake this way. He's always smiling and gigging. They have never once seen him cry in these two years. "Jake hyung, what happened?" Ni-ki asked worried for his hyung.