Quite hypocritical if you asked Adhara.

But Adhara didn't give them the attention they wanted. Half-blood or not, her name meant something in this world. She knew that. Therefore, she kept her head high and ate the food on the table, paying no mind to the boy with a lightning scar on his forehead that everyone seemed to try and get a glimpse of.

She would meet him eventually anyway.

━━━━

But before we tell the story of the boy who lived again, let's mention this first.

Let's mention how McGonagall visibly flinched when she noticed Adhara's name during the sorting ceremony. How she was remembering the last time she saw the names "Potter" and "Black" on the same list.

Let's mention how Headmaster Dumbledore cast a suspicious look towards the young Black, knowing that she might mess with his plans one day. Wanting to keep her at a distance.

Let's mention how Professor Snape stared at her through narrowed eyes and saw another childhood bully to get revenge on and not a housemate he once called a friend.

Let's mention how wherever she went, Adhara was always a reflection of her father or her uncle. A reflection of a family she never met.

About how the blood purists saw her as an abomination, and the others saw her as evil.

About how she was shoved aside by the Dark, and rejected by the Light.

And how she decided then to ignore them both.

━━━━

Harry Potter met Adhara Black one week into the term, right before their first Potions lesson.

He was walking towards the classroom with his new friend and roommate, Ron Weasley when he belatedly noticed her right next to them.

He didn't hear her walking beside them. And now that Harry noticed her, he realized he still couldn't hear her at all. She kept her steps light and somehow managed to breathe very quietly. He admitted that it was strange to notice that about someone, but the way the girl seemed to move about so silently was almost too creepy.

Ron backed him away from her when he finally noticed her. "Better stay away from her, Harry," he all but whispered. "She's a Black, the darkest of families. Her father was a Death Eater. Muggle haters, the lot of them."

The girl in question stared back at them. Harry didn't know her name; he wasn't paying enough attention during the sorting to remember. But he did remember how the entire Hall went quiet when her name was called.

"That's a bit absurd considering my mother was muggle. Didn't you know? Matron said it made the front page of The Prophet when she spread the news."

Harry's brows furrowed. The girl was still, so very still. Her shoulders didn't rise and fall as a normal person's would. And her eyes looked empty if not for the slight raise of her left eyebrow. Harry eyed the green gloves she wore, knowing nothing about the burn marks under them.

It was obvious she tried to keep attention away from her with her quiet demeanour. However, her eerie habits managed to do the exact opposite. She was somehow able to always occupy the back of a person's mind.

Ron's stance didn't falter. "Yeah, well. I don't really believe that."

"I don't care about what you believe."

"Whatever. You're Slytherin anyway."

She rolled her eyes.

━━━━