﹀.﹀In The Virtual World﹀.﹀

I put on the helmet and press the button. Right after pressing the button, my vision goes black. A few letters came up, saying 'Welcome to the Neo World Program...'. Right after I read the text, I was in the virtual world.

 Right after I read the text, I was in the virtual world

"Oh...my." I say as I look around. "Holy shit, this is adorable." A smile appears on my lips. "Ouch!" I see Kokichi kick Keebo. "What did you do that for!?" Keebo furrows his eyebrows. "Ooh, so that hurt." Kokichi grins. "Oh, well, now that you mention it...I felt genuine pain just now." Keebo nods.

"That's pretty impressive. If you felt pain, then that means our senses are connected." Kokichi states. "...Our senses are connected?" Maki raises an eyebrow. Right after Maki spoke, Miu logged in. "This place is so great, I come here all the time. It's way better than the real world!" Miu smiles.

"Oh my god, Miu! You look so damn cute!" I say as I run up to her. "Ah-haha! I'm glad you like it, Y/N! I'm pretty sure everyone else fuckin' loves it, too." Miu grins. "What the heck are you talking about, you fraud!?" Himiko glares at Miu. "Heeeeeee!" Miu hides behind me. "This is totally different from what you said. Plus, this avatar has disappointing graphics." Tsumugi shakes her head.

"Y-Your looks are nothing to write home about. Trust me, you look a billion times better now." Miu gives Tsumugi a thumbs up. "What!?" Himiko raises her voice. "Anyway...what do you mean our senses are connected? I need an explanation." Maki turns to Miu. "H-Huh? Didn't I tell you?" Miu goes wide-eyed.

"Ouch!" Kokichi kicks Keebo again. "It means that this goes way beyond the realm of virtual reality! We are actually connected!" Kokichi smiles. "We get it, so stop hitting me!" Keebo angrily glares at Kokichi. "No can do! Even if they are avatars, I could never hit a person!" Kokichi giggles. "E-Even here...I can't escape your robophobia!" Keebo frowns.

"...How are our senses set up?" Maki asks. "When your avatar receives any sensory input, electrical signs are sent to your brain. Your brain interprets those signals as if it experienced that sensory input for real." Miu explains. "So even if we're not really being punched, the brain senses pain 'cuz of those signals..." Kaito nods.

"And since it won't leave any bruises, you can hit all you want!" Kokichi innocently smiles. "That's a bully's twisted logic." Keebo frowns. "Hey! Why our bodies like this!? This Himiko's magic!?" Gonta speaks up. "Well...there's a lot of things going on right now, but you don't have to worry, Gonta." Tsumugi smiles at Gonta.

"So...how exactly are we supposed to find the secret of the outside world?" Shuichi asks. "We don't even know where to start looking." Kaito speaks. "First, we need to learn more about this world. Is there a map available?" Keebo tilts his head at Miu. "Yeah, I've got a map, but first I gotta give you a quick warning about this world." Miu nods.

"Huh? A warning? You need to be quicker on the draw with that stuff." Tsumugi speaks. "I-I'm plenty on the draw! But not too quick, 'cuz then you can't pull out in time!" Miu furrows her eyebrows. "Shut up..." Himiko glares at Miu. "So, Miu, what's the warning?" I raise an eyebrow at her. "Well, it's not that big of a deal, but there is a special rule to this world..." Miu speaks.