﹀.﹀A Mastermind?﹀.﹀

I sat there in the libary's floor, reading a book, but out of nowhere, the door opens, revealing Shuichi and Kaede. "Ah, Y/N...What are you doing here?" Shuichi asked me nervously. "Oh, I'm watering the plants." I smile sarcastically. "U-Um...do you mind if you leave for a few minutes?" Shuichi politely asks. "Ehhh, I think I like it here, so, no. I'm staying." I look at them, lowering my book.

Shuichi and Kaede look at each other before Shuichi sighs and looks at me, "Okay...before I say anything else, I want you guys to promise me you'll keep this secret." Shuichi starts. My eyes lit up and I stood from the floor, "Ooh! A secret! What is it about?" I say, excitedly smiling. "Okay, got it..." Kaede smiles at Shuichi.

"This library has books scattered everywhere. Even books lying on top of the bookcases." Shuichi starts explaining. "But, take a look at this bookcase. It's the only one in the library with no books on top." Shuichi points to the bookcase that was behind me when I was sitting. "Oh, that one? Huh, you're right..." Kaede looks at the bookcase.

"Also, you can see that the floor in front of the bookcase has noticeable markings." Shuichi points out. "Oh shit...I swear I didn't do any of this." I say, putting my hands up in the air. "You're right... What is this?" Kaede asks to herself. "I noticed the markings the first time I came here with you." Shuichi tells Kaede. "Oh wow, so much for being a trio." I say, pretending to be offended while Shuichi just chuckles at my response.

"This morning, I came to investigate. That's when I found this." Shuichi walks over to the bookcase and puts his hands between the gap and opened the bookcase like a door. "Whoa, it moved!?" Kaede asks surprised. "Holy shit! That's fuckin' cool!" I smile, pretending to be excited. "It swings open...Look, there's a door behind it" Shuichi points to the door.

The door's left half is white and the other is black, it's painted like Monokuma. "Hey, do you think this door is connected to Monokuma somehow?" Kaede asks us. "I think it might. But I don't know anything for sure." Shuichi answers Kaede. "This door has a card reader lock, so I can't open." Shuichi points to the card reader.

"You can't?" Kaede asks Shuichi. "But the very fact this door is here makes me consider...a certain possibility." Shuichi lowers his hat. "There is a chance that one of us here...is cooperating with Monokuma." Shuichi reveals, my eyes widen, what the hell? Why would someone want a killing game?

"Huh? Cooperating with Monokuma?" Kaede asks, as shocked at me. "W-Wait a minute! what do you mean by that!?" Kaede asks, panicked. "Why the fuck would someone want a killing game, though?" I ask. "It's only a hypothesis right now, but...consider this. Why would there be a hidden door here?" Shuichi explains.

"If it were solely for Monokuma's use, he wouldn't need to hide it." Shuichi speaks. "He could just have the Monokubs or the Exisals protect it and keep it plain, right?" He continues. "However...I can think of one reason that the door would be hidden." Shuichi holds his chin. "For one of us to sneak in and use it, without anyone else noticing." He explains.

"Maybe, but...I can't believe someone in our group could be working with Monokuma..." Kaede says, with a sad tone. "Yeah...as much as I don't trust any of you, it's shocking." I cross my arms. "I can't believe it either. That's why...to confirm my suspicions...I decided to set a little trap on this card reader." Shuichi reveals.

"I sprinkled some dust inside the card reader, so that I could tell if it was used." Shuichi explains. "Of course, I was careful to make sure the dust wouldn't come loose accidentally." Shuichi reassures us. "And I don't think the person swiping their card would notice or care about a little dust." He continues.

"So if we see the dust on the floor, it means one of us used this door, right?" Kaede asks, "Well...as I mentioned before, this is just a hypothesis. I have no evidence yet..." Shuichi looks down at the floor. "But...if it is true..." Shuichi starts. "Then even if Monokuma is gone, this isn't going to end." He explains.

"...Anyways, that's what I had to tell you. Of course, I don't expect you to believe me." Shuichi awkwardly smiles. "I just...wanted to tell you. No matter what." Shuichi looks at Kaede. "Loving the favoritism here." I cross my arms while sarcastically smiling. "You guys will probably start dating in a week or two." I shrug. Shuichi looks at the floor, flustered, while Kaede just looked at me awkwardly smiling.

"A-Anyways, let's head back. We shouldn't stay here too long." Shuichi holds his chin. "Yo, can I join in? I'm bored as fuck. There's nothing to doooooo." I whine like a child. "Y/N, your Ultimate Lab is open, silly." Kaede smiles at me. "I get that it's what I do, but, I'm not feeling like playing guitar right now." I explain.

After I spoke, we put the bookcase back how it originally looked and walked out of the library, "By the way...please don't tell anyone what I showed you. I don't want to cause a panic." Shuichi explains. "Understood." I say, smiling at him. "Y-Yeah, I understand." Kaede says. I returned to my dorm and close the door behind me.

Ding dong, bing bong!

I look at the monitor and Monodam is there, standing, quiet. I guess he's the shy one of the little shits. After a few seconds, the monitor fades to black. "Damn, it's already nighttime." I think to myself before dozing off to sleep.

Word count:963

this chapter is so short I can't-