﹀.﹀Bug Incident﹀.﹀

Ding dong, bing bong!

I wake up to the familiar tune of the school bell, I lazily raise my head at the monitor while rubbing my eyes. 

"...Rise and shine, ursine!" The Monokubs chant, looking directly at the camera. "Nyum, nyum... This is an official announcement from the Ultimate Academy..." Monophanie announces, eating food. "Nom, nom... It is now 8 a.m. Time to wake up...nyum, nyum..." Monotaro eats in satisfaction. 

"What are you eating!?" Monosuke asks his brother. "..IT-IS-OKAY." Monodam looks at the joyful faces of both Monotaro and Monophanie. 

"What's okay!?" Monosuke raises an eyebrow at his robotic brother. "IT-IS-NOW-8 A.M... EVERYBODY-WAKE-UP. UNLESS-YOU-ARE-DEAD, THEN-DISREGARD." Monodam's attention goes back to the camera. 

"LET-US-ALL-BE-POSITIVE-AND-EXCITED-TODAY..." Monodam slightly smiles while speaking. "So long! Bear-well!" The cubs say, before the screen turns off. 

I move my arms, receiving immense pain because of the exercises we did yesterday, damn you, Kaito... I get ready, trying to move as little as possible so I don't receive any pain. 

I open my dorm's room and close it behind me, I look downstairs and see Shuichi and Ryoma having a conversation, I walk to the door, avoiding the two boys and head to the Dining Hall. 

I walk in, seeing Kaito, Angie, Himiko, Miu, Tenko, Korekiyo, Keebo, Tsumugi and Kirumi. I mumble a small "good morning" to everyone while I take a seat and sit down. 

A few moments after I arrived, Shuichi arrived too, making his way next to Kaito. "According to my calculations, not everyone has gathered today." Keebo looks at the floor in frustration. 

Shuichi's attention shifts to Keebo, "You can see that without doing any calculations..." he says. "Geez, what's everyone else doing?" Kaito asks, excepting an answer. "It seems Maki has chosen to spend all her time inside her Ultimate Research Lab." Kirumi mentions to us. 

"I am not sure what she is doing in there, but she has no intention of leaving." Kirumi states. "What  does the Ultimate Child Caregiver gotta do in her research lab anyway?" Miu raises an eyebrow at us, wanting an answer.

"Maybe she's hiding a bunch of kids in there that she's secretly taking care of!" Tenko exclaims. "What? She's not some stray dog on the streets raising pups..." Shuichi awkwardly smiles at Tenko. 

"I also saw Kokichi and Gonta sneaking around together." Keebo states. "A couple of virgins sneakin' around sounds like bad news to me!" Miu furrows her eyebrows.

 "Ah,  I saw Ryoma in my way here, but he said he wasn't coming today..." Shuichi speaks. "I see... Well, we don't need that guy around here 'till he's got his head on straight." Kaito disapprovingly looks at the ground. 

"Tch... How did the famous Ryoma Hoshi end up like that?" Kaito asks. "Moving along..." Tenko dismisses the topic. "What...are those two doing? What is that?" Tenko asks, pointing at Himiko and Angie. 

Both Angie and Himiko stay quiet, too concentrated in whatever they're doing to answer. "Ah, hey... What are you guys doing?" Shuichi asks the two girls. "Praying to Atua, of course." Angie answers, keeping her eyes closed. 

"Praying to Atua." Himiko repeats Angie's words, making Tenko go wide-eyed. "Huuuuh!? You too, Himiko!?" Tenko asks. "Nyeeeh...as long as I pray like this, I don't need to waste my energy on useless stuff." Himiko simply states.

"No matter what happens or what trouble lies ahead, my heart will be calm..." Himiko speaks, keeping her eyes closed like Angie. "I see...it's escapism." Keebo states. "No... She has merely abandoned reality to speak to Atua." Angie explains.