Can't Even Think Straight {24}

Start from the beginning

                “That’s what I like to hear,” I said smugly, kissing him.

                I turned to keep walking and jumped a little, hiding behind Sebastian. Jason and Kyle were watching me, leaning against the wall together. Jason smirked at me, a knowing look in his eyes.

                Oh my god they were going to kill me soon! Maybe I should just tell Sebastian now so that they would go after Rory. It was Rory’s fault I still had my virginity, after all.

                Hm…Maybe they would decide that Rory was a better punching bag than me. Then they would leave me alone for good! Yea, yea. That could work. That could definitely work.

                “Evan, calm down. They’re not going to hurt you. I promise,” Sebastian said, offering me a reassuring smile.

                “Psh, I’m not scared of Jason and Kyle. They’re pathetic. You’d have to be twice as pathetic to be afraid that they’re going to beat your face in. And I’m not path- AH!”

                Something caught my ankle and I stumbled forward, losing my grip on Sebastian’s hand. I began to descend towards the ground and just prayed that it didn’t break my attractive face.

                Arms wrapped around my waist and then Sebastian was pulling me up and into his arms. He steadied me and frowned deeply, concern in his eyes.

                “Are you okay Evan?” he asked.

                “Totally fine. Wasn’t about to break my face,” I said, clutching Sebastian’s arm for dear life. “I could’ve just died Sebastian. DIED!”

                Sebastian ignored me and glared at someone. I turned and yelped in surprise. Sebastian tightened his hold on me.

                “Jason, I could assume that was an accident and let you go, or I can accept that you did that on purpose and I can hurt you,” Sebastian said, his calm composure returning.

                Jason, who was standing way too close for comfort, snickered. “You won’t do shit to me, pretty boy. You don’t want to get in trouble. It would ruin your perfect reputation,” he said, smirking.

                Sebastian returned the smirk, a dangerous look flashing through his eyes. “You’re right. I’d hate for people to get the assumption that I rely on violence. However, let’s say I caught you outside of school with no one else around but your pathetic best friend there. And let’s also say that I just happened to let it slip to Rory that you two were going after Evan again. That wouldn’t be very pleasant now would it?”

                Jason glared at Sebastian. Kyle, who was standing slight behind Jason, glared as well.

                “Jase, he’s not worth it. Neither of them are. Let’s go,” Kyle grumbled.

                “Yea, just get out of here! You weirdo with your fetish for looking at nudes of yourself,” I said, narrowing my eyes at Jason.

                “What?” Jason asked, looking truly confused. “Seriously, you’re weird Evan. You have problems. And just because you’re dad works at the school, it doesn’t mean I’m afraid to hit you here. So shut your damn mouth.”

                Sebastian pulled me so that I was behind him. “I’m getting very, very impatient with you Jason. If you so much as look at Evan ever again, I will make you regret it,” he said, gripping Jason’s shirt tightly and getting right in his face. “I highly recommend that you don’t piss me off.”