Stand off

No one moved. The courtyard was filled with a looming dark energy coming from one fairy, Whisper. The girl was emitting a black fog or smoke of sorts, coming from her eyes and hands, even from her back. It almost looked like wings.
The crowd stood in bewilderment, what was she doing? Most of the students were scared, not only was there a burned one less than 20 ft away from them, but the feared Shadow fairy had snap. Though some students watched in awe never seeing so much power.
  Sky couldn't take his eyes of her, she was so fierce looking. Nothing like the small quiet sarcastic girl he loves, but yet exactly perfect like she was meant to be like this. Looks aside he wanted to rush in and stab the damn creature where it stood, but his instincts told otherwise. This was her battle, and he had a strong feeling she would win.
   Dowling on the other hand was in awe of the small girl. ' transformation magic' she thought, Whisper had obtain the lost magic, and now she was going to fight the burned one. Dowling shared a look with Silva, who respectively was on edge. As amazing as this was, the error for wrong was grand, if Whisper couldn't beat the beast they would. If she did, that puts a target on her back having so many witness this much power, word would spread to the Army. And when the Army hears they have no doubt they will take her, just like the rest of her kind.

Whisper was incoherent to all of the thoughts, sounds, movements, that took place around her. Her body pulsed with energy and rang with power, her vision focused on the beast in front of her. The stand off lasted for what felt like to be hours but was really only a minute or two, before the first move was made.
   The burned one launched at the girl full force, arms stretched out to grab her. Whisper jumped and practically soared above the beast, no above she sent a ball of her shadows straight down on it. Gasps could be hers coming from students and teachers alike, fear and wonder. Taking the blow to the ground the burned one looked back for the source of the strong magic, leaping up to once again maim the fairy.
    Whisper dogged Skillfully landing about a good length away in-front of Sky. She then sent a longer blast on the Creature, causing its screams of pain. It crouched to the floor, weak, wounded, but not dead. Still in the trance Whisper walked slowly towards the  Burned One. Every few steps she would blast it again with a short blast of shadow, until she was merely a foot away.
  It wasn't until the creature seemed dead that she actually looked for the core cinder. Finding it in moments, the creature glowed the exploded. The bright light blinding all the spectators from where they stood.
    Once everyone's sight was regained, they saw once more the small girl the went to school with, her clothes were bloody, her hair rattled, her breathing erratic. But the smoke surrounding her had vanished, her eyes were back to their warm chocolate color, and the wound on her leg gone.
    Whisper looked at the crowd staring at her 'what happened?' She questioned. 'Why can't I remember?' ' how am I standing?' So many thoughts ran wild in her head. But they were all silenced when she finally locked eyes with bright vibrant blue ones. Sky. That was all it took for her body to give out, she was exhausted, over worked, she could feel her eyes starting to drop as she fell, waiting for impact.
    Impact never came, instead she collided with strong secure arms, and firm chest. She looked up,Sky had caught her. Her Sky, the blonde sweet specialist who captured her heart, the boy she was too scared to leave, her best friend in a world against her. " Sky" she said under her breath. " Whisper" was all he said before latching his lips onto hers, kissing her like tomorrow would never come. All the relief, love, fear, and passion was pushed into it, their lips moving in sync fitting together like two half's of a a perfect whole.
   When they pulled apart to breath, Sky brought his forehead to hers " you are so amazing my little Shadow, I love you so much. Fuck I love you more than anything Whisper, I'm so proud of you" he said to her. Sky finally had some happiness in this night. She was alright, Whisper was alright. That was enough to make him smile after a night of shit.
    The pair didn't notice how peaceful it had gotten, or that Dowling had left. It wasn't until Silva approached the pair on the floor that they realized how much time had past. " Sky, why don't you take miss Whisper for some much needed rest, everything is fine now and I'll handle the clean up" the elder told the boy as he looked at the girl he had somehow come to adore as his own slowly start to fall asleep. She was special, but special in this time wasn't a good thing.
    The blonde gave the elder a appreciative look, and picked up his girlfriend. He started to head to her room to let her get some much needed R&R.

Whisper lied in bed with Sky's arms wrapped around her tight, her own resting against his bare chest. She was fighting sleep just a little longer, as much as she hated it Sky needed to know about the Solarian army. " Sky?" She spoke quietly. "Yes love?" He responded looking down at the fairy in his arms " before.... all of this happened........ I talked to Stella, her mom found out about me... and when Stella ran away....." Sky connected the dots she was trying to gather " it gave her mom the perfect motive to go after you." He finished. Whisper nodded sadly.
     Sky sighed, peace it was so foreign to them. Before whisper his life was lonely but perfect in a sense, but with her is full and wonderful but chaotic. " Whisper I swear I will not let them lay a finger on a single hair of yours. You hear me? I will protect you. And if they ever try to take my Whisper away from me then they signed their death sentence" he spoke in all seriousness.
   Whisper smiled at him " I love you so so so much my Wonder Boy, thank you for everything." She said finally slipping into a much needed rest. Sky smiled softly at the girl in his arms and kissed her forehead "goodnight my little Shadow" he whispered.
Sky didn't sleep that night, instead he held Whisper in his arms. While he thought about what Silva had told him about is father. He so badly wanted to tell Whisper about it but it was necessary she got her rest, so he would wait. He would always wait for her, for now he just enjoyed holding her with him. Safe.

A/N-  hellooo guys! I am sad to say we are almost to the end. This journey has been so incredible and I appreciate all the support from you guys so far! It's truly amazing and surreal to see your creation blow up before your eyes. I really can't thank y'all enough.
Vote and comment
I LOVE YALL💕✨💕✨