Thats one Secret out

The group of first years including Whisper were gathered in a place called the stone circle. The short girl was on edge to say the least, her powers were not the typical kinds a fairy would have. In fact they were feared. That's why Whisper was alone until she met Headmistress Dowling. She was scared of herself and what other people would do if they knew what she was. It terrified her.
   " magic lives in the very fabric of Nature. And here in our circle of stone, it's magnified the vessel tests your ability to channel that magic..." Dowling Explained. Whisper was to on edge ' it was now or never'
   Slowly one by one fairies took turns using their magic and soon it was Whispers turn. She stood in front of the bowl and took a deep breathe. 'Concentrate' she thought of happy moments in her life, though there were few they were there, and soon a black mist appeared. " shadows" Dowling spoke. Kids started whispering. No one has seen a shadow fairy in years, decades probably. Many feared them, their magic was dark, dangerous. Some even made up the old folks tail that they made the first Burned One.
  Of course it wasn't true. Shadow fairies had access to the shadows, the darkness of the world. They herd things that others couldn't, sense things that most wouldn't feel. But the scariest thing about them is they can render anything senseless. Leave you mind trapped in darkness, where you can't see, feel , hear, just a void.
     Whisper stopped using her magic, breathing heavily ,and took her place in the back corner already overwhelmed with the gossip. Now people would fear her, or worse target her.
Next it was blooms turn. The red head was shaking, you could tell she was scared . Bloom held her hands up and tried to conjure up fire, at first it doesn't work she was just staring " open yourself up to the world of magic around you, push past your doubts" Dowling encouraged. Nothing was happening, Aisha suggested thinking of her parents. Whisper knew that wouldn't work, Bloom gave up and the class continued.
After the class Whisper hid in the shadows. She didn't want to hear what people would be saying about her or bloom. She accidentally ended up in the same spot she was this morning. Only this time the training ground was full of specialist male and female alike. She saw Sky and Riven talking and watching a pare sparr on the mat.
Sky and Riv where watching the first year Dane fight another girl, he was losing badly. " sweep the leg!" Riven yelled. The boy failed to do so and ended up laying on the map with the girl on top of her. " could you try being 50% less of a dick?" The blonde specialist told his best mate, " well, I'd be 50% less fun." The brunette remarked. The two continued their banter until Sky saw Stella approaching.
     He went over to her, neither of them saw Whisper in the shaded area, she tended to blend in whenever it was dark. Stella had told Sky all about the ring and how they needed to get it back. " where do you think they keep it?" The light fairy asked. " the male sighed " there's only a few places I can break out our specialist maps" he wanted to help his girlfriend but Sky wasn't sure this was the best Idea. " you know this would be easier if we told miss Dowling?" " No" the fairy dismissed "No, she took an oath to the queen of Solaria in any contest for Dowling's loyalty, I'd be second to her Royal highness, my mum". She made her point.
   They bid goodbye after a moment but before Stella left she said " oh and there's word going around that one of the first years is a shadow fairy" Sky froze. " what? But there hasn't been one in like years?" " I know that's why I'm warning you, I don't know who it is but whoever they are, they can't be good news" the female warned. To say she was scared would be incorrect, more like threatened, and she wanted to get rid of the threat as soon as possible.
     She saw Silva approach the two , and Stella took that as her time to leave. Sky turned to face his father figure, not ready for a lecture " you don't have to lecture me, I'm already doing that in my head" Silva nodded and dismissed the subject " I promised your father I would look out for ya and he would have said the same thing. Except used a lot more profanity." The Elder reminded. Sky found him self wondering who this shadow fairy could be, he decided against asking Silva, but his mind wondered to a short, silver haired girl.
     Whisper stayed behind the tree while the two talked she felt horrible about ease dropping on Sky but she wanted to see how he would react to the new information.
    Why it bothered her so much what he though?. Sky was a close friend for her probably the closest she has, it's true no one knew of there friendship and quite frankly she didn't mind it just made it more special.
Whisper decided to take her leave and head to her dorm to get some work done before lunch.