Training

Whisper woke with a start, she sprang up panting her body had a slight shine from sweat. Her eyes were wide ' great, another one' she thought. Her Nightmares had lessened since arriving at Alfea but they were still there.
This time she was being chased, fighting, for some reason the figures were blurry and had no distinct face, she looked like she was at the gates of Alfea. But the scary thing was the terror she felt within, even if it wasn't real the small shadow fairy could feel the fear and panic, the desperation to get away, like her life depended on it.
And that's what scared her, more often than not Whispers Nightmares came true, not the day after or even a week, it was random but sure. At some point her Nightmares came true, which meant that, what she saw was true. She would have to run away, from her new home, from her friends, from her Sky. And she never wanted to leave him. Ever.
" Love?, are you alright?" The raspy groggy voice of the blonde specialist asked lifting his head from the pillow. It hasn't been that long since the two got together,3 days at most, but both found the comfort of sleeping next to each other. So when either one was able they snook into the others to sleep. He wasn't wearing a shirt, just some boxers and sweat pants, Sky waited for a response but only got the heaving breathing.
He now sat fully up to comfort his girlfriend, he took both of his big hands and held her head to face him. " hey, little shadow, shhhhh it's alright your okay, sh love. Nothing is going to happen" he whispered meeting her eyes. 'Those eyes' Whisper thought, those bright blue eyes that always managed to captivate her. To show her love, care, kindness, the shine they have when he looks at her.
" I'm s-sorry it j-just it's felt so r-real and-" she tried to calm down, she was being over dramatic, it's just a nightmare. Sky smiled at the small girl in sympathy, " it's quite alright love, you have nothing to apologize for, that's why I'm here Whisp, I'll protect you no matter what, even if it's from something as silly as a nightmare" the blonde said as he drew the fairy into his arms, giving her a bear hug. He started kissing her all over her, her cheeks, her forehead, her nose, her lips, everywhere.
Between every kiss he whisper sweet nothings, compliments on how she looked, why he loved her. By the time he was done Whisper was smiling like a fool " I love you Wonder boy, what did I ever do to deserve a specialist as amazing as you" she asked grabbing his face with her hands. The boy leaned into her touch, taking one of her hands and kissing it, " the same thing I did to deserve a fairy as extraordinary as you" he responded.
Whisper would be lying if she said her heart didn't skip a beat, what was this boy doing to her?. They two stayed in bed until the sun started to shine through the Windows, it was morning now there was no going back to sleep.
" we should probably get ready, you have a big day today" Whisper said, since the Ethan incident the girl has been with Musa and Aisha as Dowling's little attendants, she didn't mind though. It was safe, and that's what she wanted.
Sky on the other hand has been training ruthlessly, he and Bloom made a great team they kicked every courses butt. Well all but one, and that's what today is for.

Sky stood back to back with Bloom as they stared into the maze. Both were panting heavily, Sky was dripping in sweat. " where is it?" The specialist asked, "um, I don't know. Stay close." The fire fairy responded, they were supposed to be tracking down a burned one in the maze and defeat it, the tracking wasn't the problem, the defeating was.
    A burned one popped up at the end of a corridor and started sprinting towards the pair, both got into ready position. " Bloom!" Sky called out as a warning, she was trying to manifest her powers. With that the redhead sent a ball of fire towards the charred beast, like other times I didn't stop the creature. No, it was still running toward them, but on fire now.
   Sky took control, pulling Bloom behind him so she was safe, and raising his sword to stab the beast. The creature jumped in the air, towering over the teens, then vanished and turned into a giant diamond. " how many of these weird magic training dummies do we have to fight?" The red head questioned, " as many as it takes to actually beat one?" He presumed, Sky was tired of doing this, of lying to Bloom, he just wanted to spend time with His Little Shadow. Was that to much to ask?
   " I wish they would tell us how to actually beat these things" Bloom spoke as the walked out of the maze to look over all of the training grounds. Bloom looking for her friends and Sky looking at Whisper who stood with Aisha and Musa observing a spar match with Riven and some other bloke. " we've literally aced every exercise but this one. Didn't you do training last year?" the fairy continued, the blonde nodded " yeah, but it was nothing like this, it's like they've gone full war games." He stated, Sky didn't like it, if he knew his father figure this was preparing for something big, and soon. " I mean, they were soldiers before they were teachers, so I guess it's very on brand for Alfea faculty." Bloom mocked, Sky knew she wasn't happy with the Beatrix situation, but insulting the faculty who were trying to protect the students from a murderous Fairy and zombie like monsters was a bit uncalled for.
   Being the bigger man, Sky ignored the comment and focused on the task at hand" Professor Harvey? Can we get a hint?". The professor approached the pair " Every failure brings you one step closer to success." " very good lesson professor, as per usual" bloom interjects. " just be patient, look, fire magic is effective if used properly. Inside each burned one is a magic core called a cinder, and with time and finesse you can use it to destroy it." He informed " But the key is mutual trust, you must trust your specialist, and you must trust your fairy to get the job done." He advised walking away.
   Sky sighed, he had herd that speech about a thousand times from Silva, trust. It was funny, Bloom was supposed to trust him and here he was lying to her face spying on her. " so I guess that's the question then. Can I trust you?" Bloom asked and walked away. ' you shouldn't' Sky wanted to say, but he had Orders. Thank God for Whisper, if he wasn't allowed to tell her, Sky didn't think he could live with himself.
   He followed her " kinda wanna ask you the same thing, I mean 1, you were there when Whisper passed out I liked to know how that happened seeing as she doesn't remember, and 2 who was that girl back there? ' A good lesson, Professor as usual' he imitated.
    The redhead chuckled " I'm glad you and Whisper found each other, she looks the happiest I've ever seen" bloom said honestly " as for what happened, she got overwhelmed with the energy around there and fell, when she did she hit her head. I tried to catch her but I was too far." She said, she felt bad it was the least she could do for the boy, and defend her friend. " Ever since my trip with. Beatrix they've been watching me like a hawk" she continued, and there was the pang of guilt in Sky's chest, god how he hated it. " they have to make sure they don't think I'm one of their evil henchwomen" she said smiling as the group walked by. After a bit of banter bloom had them go again.
    Whisper looked up at Sky and smiled, that smile was all he needed, it was a comforting smile one he would never hate to see. " that'll be attempt five for bloom and Sky" Aisha spoke up, Whisper was walking at the pace that matched Silva's. " and?" Dowling asked Musa , " he's slightly winded. She's frustrated, but neither of them are fatigued." The Empath answered, Whisper looked at Silva and quietly spoke " he must be asking questions, it's getting to her, the more she fails the more she depends, he using that to his advantage." Silva nodded. Whisper had confronted Silva about the mission and offered to help, originally she was doing it for Sky so he wouldn't share the burden, but the more she watched, the more worried the shadow fairy grew about her actions. Bloom was reckless, and when your emotional and reckless, something goes wrong. Whisper wasn't going to let anyone get hurt.
    " Good" Dowling stated. Musa started to rant on invasion of privacy, Whisper wasn't paying attention, she just wanted to see her Wonder boy.

A/N- I'm baackk. I hope y'all forgive me with the break but it was much needed.
10K READS!!!!! HOLY CRAP THATS AMAIZING, I never expected this book to be so successful, thank all of y'all for the amazing support!
I hope y'all enjoy✨💕