A Little Broken

Run.
That was the only thing going through Whispers mind as the Burned one chased her. The shadow fairy add taken so many turns around hallways, traveling through the shadows, full on sprinting to out run this thing but it was always just two steps behind.
Her muscles ache from lack of oxygen, her lungs exhausted from over use. She wanted to stop, but she had to keep going. The fear and adrenaline going through her kept her going.
  The creature roared as reached for its pray just to come up short again. The force of the action pushed Whisper even faster turning a sharp corner stumbling a bit. She had managed to loose the creature for a second. It was then She got  and idea, her eyes turned black, her breathing heavy, you could hear the Burned one coming closer. She gathered up the rest of her energy and channeled it to her hands, focusing on the sight and sound. This had to work if it didn't she was screwed.
   Right as it was in view she sent a strip of her shadow right at it, the beast screamed in agony no longer being able to detect anything. Unlike Whisper expected it didn't stop, if anything it made it more frantic, claws going everywhere destroying everything, he moved so fast whisper didn't have time to move before the monster clawed her right in the leg.
   Agony was all she felt, the pain of the wound and the infection spreading, she screamed and fell hitting the ground with a thump. She didn't process the running wild, or when it crashed through the Window, the scattering glass cutting her cheek and forehead, not the growl the Burned One released once outside. No. Just the pain in her leg.
   She couldn't help but feel weak, fear consumed her but she was to drained to draw magic, she felt the shadows trying to reach out to her but she couldn't move.  She felt pathetic using the wall to sit up despite the agony of her leg, the burning of the infection, the pulsing of the pain made her want to pass out then and there.
   Whisper sat there Whimpering in pain, memories flashing through her mind of her life,If you could call it that. The sunsets on the orphanage rooftops, the nights spent in the alleyways, the food and clothing she stole, the journal she found. Discovering her powers for the first time. Dowling offering her a safe home, meeting Sky by their tree.

Sky.

Oh Sky, the tall blonde blue eyed specialist that made her heart skip a beat, who was her first real friend, who showed her good in the world. Made her feel like she was worth something more than to be hunted, or seen as a monster. The Sky who trusted her with his Darkest secrets about his feelings of his father, who came to her when he was weak. The Sky so made her smile when she was sad, hold her when she was hurt, Calm her when she panicked. The Sky who promised to Protect her from anything that date just her, the Sky who loves her. The Sky she loves.
Whisper started to cry, the pain in her leg did not mask the pain her heart felt when she realized he won't see Sky before she died. She could feel her heart breaking for the boy she loved, if only she stood with him.
  She saw it all, memories, moments, the small girl started remembering times with the specialist she would all ways cherish.

"What are you doing out here little shadow" Sky asked approaching Whisper who was sitting at the picnic table by the hidden pond Sky showed her just a week before.
" Nothing much Wonder boy just admiring the scenery, it's so beautiful" the small girl answered. He took a seat next to her and it was then she noticed the look on his face, " hey, somethings wrong, talk to me"she demanded as Nicely as possible.
   That was how she learned about Sky's truth. How he always felt so broken but never wanted to be fixed. How he rather fix and help others like Whisper so he wouldn't have to face the truth. The shadow Fairy responded with something he will never forget.

" we are all a little Broken Sky, that's why we have friends. A true Friend will help you when your Broken so you won't have to. Remember how secrets thrive in the shadows? Well secrets existed because people feel they need to hide how broken they are. The more secrets someone has the more Broken they feel. Sky, no one is ever truly broken,once your honest with yourself that you aren't is when your friends have fixed you."
Sky had never believed truer words, form then on he vowed to make Whisper feel like she was never broken not matter how hard it would be or how long it would take.

Whisper was brought out of her memory when another jolt of pain hit her in the leg. The infection was spreading, and spreading fast. She couldn't mover her leg. The girl bit her lip and started preparing for the worse.

Whisper sat at her tree by the field, it was the early morning and a certain blonde specialist was bringing breakfast for the two. She found herself staring at the bare bark of the tree, it looked unnatural for some reason, like it was supposed to be something else.
She didn't notice Sky sit right next to her " penny for your though love?" He questioned snapping the girl out her thoughts. " sorry, it's just... does the bark look unnatural to you? Like something should be in its place?"
   The boy studied the spot Whisper was looking at, instantly an idea popped into his head. " it does doesn't it? Let's fix that then shall we?" He said getting his dagger out.
    Whisper watched the boy she had come to love carve something onto the bark of the tree, it wasn't until he moved away from it that she saw what he had carved.
   There in the tree inside of a heart were their names.
Sky
        +
            Whisper
Whisper had a huge smile on her face, when she tackled the specialist to the ground in a hug " I love it" she said, " and I love you" he responded.

A tear escaped Whisper at that memory, but happiness was soon replaced with fear and pain of death. She shrieked when the pain spiked again. Panting as she grasped her leg. Her vision was starting to fog and she became light headed from the blood loss.

" Whisper?!" She herd a voice call from the end of the hall.

Riven.

A/N— let me tell you i almost cried writing this. So emotional.
Any way school is starting back up for me so I don't know how frequent the updates will be but I'll try and upload ASAP
Also highly recommend Julie and the phantoms it is soooooo good.
Comment and vote💕💕✨✨