Never go into the Basement

Whisper being the naturally curious person she was decided to sneak around a bit, you know hide out in the shadows. So when she herd the the professors and Queen were having a discussion in private, you know Whisper just had to check things out.
   That was one advantage of being a shadow fairy, your undetectable in the shadows, even if there is a very powerful Light fairy. Your safe in  the shadows.
  Whisper hid in the corner of Dowling's office, covered by the shadows, when the queen and professors came in. Having done this before, the silver haired girl shallowed her breathing and tuned into the conversation.
"Your assistant died, in this office, you must have a theory about what happened" Queen Luna started.
   Whispers eyes widened. Callums dead. Someone had killed Callum. " we don't have much to go on but we know they used magic" Dowling said staying calm. Whispers brain started going into hyperdrive, she had to leave before she became to obvious of her spying.
   ' someone killed Callum and that someone was a fairy' she thought to herself. There was a reason why secrets thrive in the shadows, and that's because no one is in them. She bumped into Bloom and Aisha as the pair headed to the assembly. " sorry, I'm late I got caught up in something" she lied, Whisper didn't want to draw attention and wasn't sure if this was the kind of Information you tell someone in public. " no worries, your right on time" Aisha said leading the two girls to where the school was gathering.
     " hey Whisper I was going to check out the east wing. Wanna come with?" Bloom asked. The fairy smiled, the last thing she wanted was to go to the assembly. " ditch a mandatory assembly? Do you even have to ask?" Aisha gave the two a disappointing look " guys, it's a bad idea" " a bad idea is going into a room where everybody will stare at us like we are freaks" bloom stated harshly. Frankly Whisper agreed, she couldn't handle that pressure right now. The water fairy sighed "fine you both have terrible migraines, could barley stand up." The two fairies smiled and made their way to the east wing.
     Bloom and Whisper walked down the dark hall in the east wing " so what are we looking for again?" The short girl asked. " anything from 2004 or when I was born, if I can't find answers to who I am here I don't know what to do" the fire fairy said, " hey don't worry, I get it, I had to learn everything about myself on my own. No parents, no guidance, it was just me and the shadows. So I know what it's like to need answers" she tried to sympathize. it was true, whisper learned everything on her own. There were days when she desperately wanted answers and no one was there to give it to her.
   The pair had come to a door and Bloom was about to open it when a hand slammed it shut " holy shit!" Whisper screamed, she turned to see Sky. " don't do that again asshole! I almost had a heart attack" she said punching his shoulder, Sky chuckled at his friends antics. " what are you two doing down here" he teased. Both girls looked at each other then back to the Blonde in front of them, " well Wonder boy if you must know, I was helping my dear friend Bloom by helping look for answers to her mysterious past" Whisper said playing along. The specialist Smiled " right cause your a caring person, anyway three pairs of eyes are better then two".
    And that's how the trio found themselves looking through old photos in a small storage room in the dark. " I'm not sure we're going to find pictures of pregnant teen fairies Bloom." Sky said. Whisper agreed, in a world with magic surely fairies would be more careful than this. " might be a little more subtle than that, like loose clothes, big sweaters, a girl holding a stack of books over her stomach" the red head tried.
   Whisper lean on Sky, already doubting they would find anything in there. " this is starting to sound like we are searching for a needle in a hay stack" she commented. The tall male beside her chuckled and bent down to kiss her forehead " come on little shadow, we just started". The girl sighed but none the less went back to looking.
  " it's just hard to keep it cool as people whisper when I walk by and not scream at them for being assholes" she said as the pair made their way over to her, " hello join the club" the small girl stated.
   " yeah well people are arseholes, ladies, you just have to find the good ones." Sky comforted, he walked over to a photo and picked it up. In it was his dad, Silva, Dowling, Harvey  and someone Whisper didn't know. " I didn't know this existed" he spoke braking a brief silence. Bloom turned around to see the Photo while whisper wrapped her arms around one of his to give some comfort.
   " is that you dad"the fire fairy asked, all the specialist did was nod. His dad was a hard subject for him, it was bitter sweet. He never knew who he was and yet he knows all about him, or what he did. He was also expected to fulfill his legacy, talk about pressure. "He knew Rosalind?" Bloom asked taking a closer look.
   " um.... I.... I knew his commander was a woman...I .." he said trying to be somewhat of use. " you look like him" the shadow fairy next to him stated. Sky smiled " and act like him, and maybe one day, if I work hard enough, I can be half the warrior he was" the blonde attempted in his best Silva's impression.
   Whisper bursted out laughing " that.... that was ..... brilliant!" She said between breaths. Sky smiled at her then faced bloom "sorry. Reflex" he said going back to his normal self.
  Whisper felt a pull towards the door, she zoned out of the conversation between her two friends and stared in that direction. It was Similar to what she felt when there was a burned one but less intense.
   She was snapped out of her thoughts by Beatrix voice " looks like we are not the only ones up to no good." " yeah are you guys doing some kind of orgy or something, why didn't you invite me?" Riven commented. " Fuck off Riv" Whisper said.
The group after exchanging Hellos deciding to walk around the Basement of sorts. Beatrix leading, Riven on her tail, Bloom in the middle and Sky and Whisper in the back. " have you seriously been down here looking at dusty rubbish?" Riven asked, " people who think history is rubbish, are rubbish" Beatrix counters. " burn" whisper muttered to Sky who chuckled. " maybe it was just a bit of foreplay" the air fairy suggests. " they are definitely not fucking here B, that would actually make Sky here interesting".
   The trio all shared an annoyed look at the couple that had decided to interrupt. " he's right. We aren't. But we were alone, which was pleasant" Bloom snapped, " oh an emotional affair that's actually much worse" Beatrix sniggers. This time Whisper was about to launch at her, unfortunately for her Sky grabbed her and pulled her toward him leaning down in her ear to whisper " not now". The shadow fairy nodded and they continued on their way. " ooh I loved locked doors" Riven yelled from the other room. " me too buddy, although something tells me you like breaking locked doors more" Whisper teased.
    " I wonder what's back here" the brunette said. " I don't know, but Silva is the only one who has the key." Sky said, he was done. He wanted to get out of the dark, maybe hang with Whisper. In all honesty he wanted to get away from Beatrix, he did not like her vibe one bit.
   " how do we get in?" Bloom asked, " we don't" he stated. " there maybe stuff down there, I mean that's the whole reason we came down here" the red head tried again. " next time I see him, I'll ask him." He said, " Sky we're" Whisper tried to reason, she was curious what was behind there, she was cut off by Riven " the more you say no the more she wants it. Give in.". Whisper rolled her eyes " not helping". " why are you guys down here again?" Bloom asked agitated, " being on your side" the fairy answered.
   " we don't need help from someone who posted a video mocking my friend" the fire fairy stated. " look I was a bystander in the whole thing, if you really want to be mad at one of us, consider the douchebag who's been spilling your secrets" Beatrix stated.
   No, whisper thought, Riven wouldn't tell the world about her, heck he didn't even know. Unless he figured it out somehow. " not exactly the way I though you'd screw me today, B" the man in question stated. Whisper was shocked, so he did do it. That Bastard. " is that true?" Sky asked his best friend, stepping in front of the small silver haired girl in a protective manner. " yeah, look if I'm getting lectured I'm out" the other boy said and started to leave, " Sky it's OK" whisper tried to reason. The blonde shook his head getting angrier " No.it's not" he said following Riven out of the basement. " look at that! Just us girls" Beatrix exclaimed.
  Whisper rolled her eyes " This is why you never go into the Basement."