Rest and Relaxation

Whisper was woken up by the sun that morning. Her head felt much better but still had that ache to it, her body felt sore. Without opening her eyes the shadow fairy instinctively snuggled into the warmth of her pillow, although it was harder than a pillow.
Sky had woken up before Whisper seeing as his body had a routine, unfortunately the boy couldn't bring himself to move away from the adorable girl wrapped around him. He laid there holder her, twirling a piece of her hair as she slept. Inside he felt all warm and fuzzy, like this was home, nothing would happen if the pit just stayed right there. Sky noticed Whisper starting to stir and couldn't help but chuckle at her cuteness when she nuzzled even further into his chest.
After hearing a chuckle Whisper finally got her bearings, she looked up from the warm pillow for her Chocolate eyes to meet stunning bright blue ones. " good morning, love" the voice of Sky serenaded her ears, his voice was groggy just like it would be if you had woken up. " uuggh" the silver haired girl groaned, it was to early of a morning to be good, " you know your really comfortable Wonder boy, I don't think I can get up" she joked.
The specialist Smiled at her antics " I'm sure, but it's the weekend which means no classes, and therefore you are going to get some much needed R&R" he said combining her hair with his hand. Whisper nodded " and what about you?" She asked looking up at him, she wanted to spend time with him, after all the Stella drama the two haven't gotten much time together. " I have to talk to Silva about some things, then I'm all yours" he replied.
After lying there for a few minutes the pair got up, Sky headed to his dorm to change and talk with Silva, Whisper got dressed and walked out to the common room. She saw Musa and Aisha talking, " hello, guess I haven't been to social? Huh?" She tried to start a conversation.  The two fairies smiled " it's not you fault" the empath assured.
   So Aisha and Musa filled Whisper in on everything she missed, Callum's murder though she already knew, Beatrix being the Murderer, the assembly, blooms behavior, everything. " I knew something was off about her" Whisper said. Musa decided to change the topic to something a little bit more embarrassing.
  " so what's going on with you and Sky, I know your friends, but it seems like more?" She questioned.Whisper tensed at the question, there was no point in lying Musa was an Empath she felt it. " well...." she started Aisha raised and eyebrow at her " I do like him, he's the best thing to happen to me in very long time, I just I don't want to ruin anything by saying ' hey your my best friend and I'm in love with you!'" Whisper froze and covered her mouth with her hand. She just said it, she said it, there was no going back now, Whisper was in love with Sky hand nothing would change it.
Musa smiled at the small girl " don't be scared, it's okay to be in love, and I have a feeling things will work out just fine." The empath assured. Whisper was about to say something when there was a knock at the door. " that'll be him, right" the water fairy asked, Whisper nodded and stood up to answer the door " I'll talk to you guys later, and please don't tell a soul". Musa and Aisha sealed their slips.
Whisper opened the door to met the handsome guy she called her best friend. " ready to go?" He asked. The small girl nodded and Sky took her bag. " so Wonder boy, where are we going?" The fairy tried, she was desperate to be rid the thought of her falling in love with him before things became awkward. " Well little Shadow, I'm taking you to goodie favorite spot, I also have some news." The specialist answered. The two had made their way outside to the tree near the training ground, covered by the shade. Whisper sat down next to Sky and started to draw in her journal while the blonde just watched, his arm wrapped around her.
The two sat in silence for awhile until Sky spoke up " I talked to Silva this morning, about what going to happen soon" the girl lifted her head " and what is going to happen Wonder boy?" She asked. Sky smiled but it soon dropped " training, against the burned ones, they are going to pair a fairy up with a specialist and show us how to fight them" he stated his voice was low solemn, " I asked about you ya know, if I could be partnerd up with you". Whisper looked at him, she could guess the outcome " let me guess, they said no?" The boy nodded " Silva wants me to keep an eye on Bloom, it's supposedly be a secret thing but I won't lie to you Whisp. I don't want to leave you alone, what if what happened , happens again and-" he couldn't finish because Whisper cut him off. " it's alright Sky, I can handle myself, with any luck I'll get Riven. I know you want to be there for me and I love it, but I can manage" she tried to assure, on the inside she was panicked, whoever she was partners with will most likely hate her. That was the life of a shadow fairy, fear and be feared , there was no in between.
The specialist sighed " I know but, you mean a lot to me Whisp and I hate seeing you hurt. When I found out the Beatrix was the one who killed Callum, I was scared I was going to loose you. I know I'm protective and it's stupid but it's true" Sky said in all honesty, well almost, he didn't say what he really wanted too, he wasn't strong enough for that. He wanted to tell her he loved her, that she was his world now, but he couldn't, he'd be damned if he would let her fall to his level. It didn't matter if she saw the real him, the Sky that was insecure about his abilities, who was hurt by his passed, the Sky that was Broken. No. Someone like Whisper deserves someone perfect.
Little did the specialist know that the girl sitting across from him felt the same way. Ever thought, every word. Whisper just smiled at him " it's not stupid Sky, your the only person who has cared in a long time, you've given me light in my shadows, given me strength to fight my own monsters now. Sky, I can't ever repay you for what you've given me." She answered him. The two stared at each other until they decided to bring one another in for a hug. The specialist kissing the top of his shadows head once again.

They spent the rest of the day together, talking, playing around, just enjoying the day. When they separated Whisper went back to spend some quality time with her suite mates. She also prepared for her classes the following day. However no matter how hard she tried, her thoughts always found their way back to someone. Her Wonder boy.

A/N- I know we are getting a bit of series, but in my defense 1. There is a huge time skip and 2. I have a plan for something I think y'all are going to like
Enjoy💕💕