⁴.¹⁶the final task

Start from the beginning

The sound of musical instruments were playing around them as the four champions were getting ready to start their final task.

"Please, please, please, please," Athena pleaded, hugging the boy as tight as she can, "whatever you do, do not die on me. I won't have anyone to annoy if you leave me for Hades."

Harry snorted slightly, having little air to breath until Athena let him go. "Hades will have to wait sometime. I want to stay with you guys longer." Then Harry was brought in into another hug, this time by all four of them. Ron and Hermione had already done their good luck and hugging, leaving back to their spots as they finished. "Guys- I might- actually- leave you guys- to Hades- faster than you think- if you- keep- hugging me- this- tight!"

A laugh escaped their lips at the boy's complaints. Athena smiled, her eyes wandering to the necklace she gave Harry that was situated on his neck. "Oh yeah that reminds me!" She exclaimed. She then pulled a thick, metal ring from her pocket. "I didn't get a chance to give you any of my four because of an unfortunate situation, but that's in the past. I'm not arguing with you, and you better not argue with me."

The ring given to him was a protectio ring. Athena was given a few metal rings, five to be exact. Four of the rings being made of Omnium, the other one being made of Uru. The two metals were strong, maybe even indestructible. Also a perfect type of metal to be worn and apply runes to. With the help of Neville's grandmother, Athena was able to place protection runes on the inside of the rings. Seeing as the rings were strong, any spell or danger being thrown at the wearer will be safe, however, if the threat is very strong or is dominant, then the Omnium rings will eventually break. The Uru ring was different, stronger. The metal was the same one made for Thor's hammer, making the ring even stronger. But the Wizarding World Magic works differently to how the metal and runes' magic works, making the chance of the rings breaking possible.

"But this-"

"Nope."

"Athe-"

"I'm not hearing it."

"This ring-"

"I'm still not hearing it."

"This ring is special. I can't possibly wear this, I might lose it-"

"And now I've got to hear it." Athena clicked her tongue as the boy in front of her stuttered.

"You didn't even wear the Uru one when you were in New York-"

"That's because I didn't have time to get it." She spoke quickly in a matter-of-fact tone, but was ignored.

"You've never worn it outside before. Hell, I don't think you've ever worn it before!"

"Look Harold-"

"Athena's right, mini Prongs." Sirius placed his arm over his godson's shoulder.

"Yeah," James agreed, doing the same as Remus placed his arm over Athena's shoulder. "As much as the ring is special and worth a lot, it can still save your life."

"Nothing could possibly kill me in there-"

"We're in a world where people exist, and not to mention, you are in a death tournament." Athena stated pointedly.

"Dumbledore won't let that-"

"Dumbledore can't do anything. Who knows what could happen out there!" Then the memory of her nightmare flashed through her head, a shiver running through the girl's mind. "Look, just wear it, please. The ring will block out any spells or danger being thrown at you for a while, but if the runes give up, the only thing protecting you now is your wand," she pointed at his wand, then pointing to his head, "and your brain."

"Wear it." The werewolf advised, placing a soft smile on his lips.

Harry sighed, placing the metal ring on his finger. "You care about people's safety too much Fi. One day, you caring about this too much is going to get you killed."

"Eh, it would have been worth it." Athena grinned. "Besides, I've already given the other three these rings to the other three champions. You've just got a bigger chance of surviving because of my necklace."

"True, true."

"Champions, on the field!"

┍━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┑

━edited -siriuslycv 2023©┕━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┙

┕━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┙