Part 18: The Band's Babygirl

Celean stopped me from approaching them, "Lemme handle this. I fight niggas all the damn time."

I stood there and watched her grip both of their flying wrists.

They stopped immediately and she frowned, "That wasn't any fun. Y'all was supposed to tell me to back away and then I could start wackin on y'all asses without feeling bad."

Milo's lip was busted and Levi was bleeding from his eyebrow.

I started to panic internally when he looked back at me. "Everything's alright," Levi whispered, "It was just a friendly fight."

"Stay away from him Amora!" Milo shouted.

Celean crossed her arms and shook her head, "Lemme go order some ice white boys. Y'all handle whatever the hell else."

She walked past me, whispering, "I'll clean their wounds but you on your own for the rest of this, kay?"

Nothing new, I wanted to say.

Levi sighed and held out a hand for Milo who was leaning a bit.

"Why won't you just forgive them and move on?" I heard him say.

He slapped his hand away, "I was blamed for the shit I didn't do! I was the one in jail. Not you!"

My eyes widened.

Jail?

"Hold up. Are y'all doing some illegal shit?" I walked up to Levi and asked, wanting to smack the shit out of both of them for even laying a finger on each other outside of a restaurant.

"Not m-"

Milo talked over him, "They sell drugs to pay for the studio Amora. If they get caught, they'll blame it all on the newbie. Trust me."

"They don't do that anymore, Milo!"

"That's what they told me too Levi, and I ended up in jail for a year. A whole year."

Levi sat back on the hood of his car, lowering his head, "Damn, I'm sorry man."

Milo let out a few heavy breaths before looking at the sky, "It's...it's fine."

I could tell he didn't believe it was fine, but he held back because of the public. I internally thanked him for that much. Fighting often made me nervous anyway.

I looked at the both of them, a small smile forming on my face.

Celean came back with towels and ice, "Aww naw, don't tell me y'all really made up. I wanted to record the fuss."

Milo shook his head and she went over to tend to his lip as I started wiping the blood from Levi's brow.

"I'm sorry you had to see that Amora. You probably think I'm an ass now."

"Yep," I said plainly, and he sighed.

I kissed his hair, chuckling at his sudden sadness. "I'm down with it."

He blushed as I held ice on his head. He couldn't stop staring at my face with all this intimate closeness.

"Careful..." he whispered, and I smiled more, remembering that moment in his room.

"And beautiful, right?" I finished for him.

He shook his head and moved my hand from his face, "Perfect."

My lips met his, and he brought me closer by the hips as I wrapped my arms around his neck.

He shared no tongue. He just wanted to feel the surface. His lips were always so smooth and tender.