Part 17: Fight for Who

I squealed, "I'd love to join the band you guys!"

"I can see many duets in our future babygirl," Lian smiled.

Josiah shook his head, "Yo, you can't call her that, lil Lee already done snatched her up."

"What? I'm sure he wouldn't mind it. It's just a protector instinct. She's the band's babygirl and we the-"

"Daddies? Boy if you don't get rid of that nasty kink of yours we gon' kick you out too."

Lian shrugged and I felt so embarrassed.

Levi walked in behind from behind me, "So?"

I jumped onto him immediately and he stumbled a little, holding me up, "Damn why are you so excited?"

I kissed him over and over, not caring if they all saw. I had never been so happy. He had really helped me do something I didn't think was possible until now.

When I backed away, we both caught our breaths.

He chuckled, "You okay?"

Something about looking at myself in his warm eyes made me realize he was so much more to me than just a guitar boy with veiny hands and terrible nicknames.

He was someone I didn't want to be apart from.

"I love you," I said without thinking any more about it.

His smile faded, "You do?"

I blinked and Josiah broke the both of us up again, "Nasties don't care where y'all are, do y'all?"

I wrapped my legs tighter around Levi, burying my head in his neck to hide my face. He smelled like love and dove as always.

"She's in," Jace told him.

Levi hummed before putting me down, "You sure she is?"

I took a step back, "What..?"

He looked more tense than usual.

"Levi, I thought y-"

"Well let's get some ice cream," he said quickly with a smile plastered on his face.

I searched his eyes before looking at the rest of the band, "Actually, I think I've overstayed my welcome. I'll be going now."

"Already?!" Levi asked.

I gave him the side-eye, "Yeah."

Josiah cupped his hands around his mouth to project his voice, "See ya Levi!"

I rushed out of the door and bumped right into Jeremy.

Why was he never hanging out with them?

"Hey beautiful, what's up?"

"You're late," I said monotonously, walking past him.

"Really? No hey back?"

I turned towards him, seeing a hickey below his jaw.

"Why are you never with them if you're their main vocalist?" I asked.

"Why do you care?"

"Just a question lover boy."

* * *

(Levi's POV)

"You're just going to let her walk away like that man?" Lian chuckled at me, letting out a cloud of cherry-scented smoke from his lips.

"This is her dream," I responded, feeling an unspeakable ache in my heart. "If I told her the truth, she'd give everything she ever hoped for up."

I heard him call out to me that afternoon, but I was already walking my way out of the place. There was only one thing I knew to do when I was confused.