Part 6: Crybaby Hoodlum

"You must be the girl Jeremy said was coming," one of the guys said.

Using my natural in-brain people personality meter, I could sense he had no bad intentions. He seemed friendly so far.

Why was Milo so skeptical?

"I'm Jace, their dj pretty much. This one beside me is Kreo, we call him Keep, he doesn't talk much, but he's the drummer boy who keeps everyone on task. Over there singing is Lian and the guitar boy behind me is Levi, we like to call him lil Lee."

Levi shook his head, recording some notes on his laptop.

I smiled and nodded slowly, hoping I'd remember everyone's name. "I'm Amora. Nice to meet you guys."

"You really ain't introduce me man?" Josiah raised his hands.

"You walked in with her," Jace said, "That's on you. You shoulda been told her who you are already."

I laughed. These guys weren't so bad.

"He's my cousin. He's teasing," I clarified.

"Oh, well nice to know someone close to him has some sense," Jace smiled and started flicking switches on the console.

He was a pretty boy. A bit shorter for a charmer, but his tone and friendly manner really mapped his entirety. It made him look a lot better.

Josiah rolled his eyes and went over to his piano station, "Yeah, yeah."

I walked around the room, looking at all of the different instrumental tools and wires, "How long did it take you all to acquire all of this?"

Jace looked back at me, "You mean the studio?"

"Yeah."

"Three and a half years, I think," he furrowed his eyebrows, "Ain't that right Keep?"

Kreo only nodded.

My eyes widened in admiration as I sat down on one of the cushions near Josiah's piano. I couldn't believe I was in an actual studio with a legitimate band.

Josiah leaned over to me, "I was trying to give you this good news earlier, but then you wanted to hit me with the project shit."

"Um, excuse me, I was trying to maintain an A."

"Tch, whatever."

I found myself looking around again and caught Levi's eye.

He tilted his head to the side and patted the empty space on the sofa beside him.

Oh. Now he wanted to act like he knew me?

I sighed and walked over to go sit by him.

"How are you today?" he asked.

I was too cautious to answer. He seemed to always know my truth.

"I'm doing better than normal," I smiled, "You?"

He looked at my fingers in my lap, "Doing great actually. I like your nails."

I blinked, "Huh? Oh thanks. I just got them buffed, that's all."

"It looks good," he smiled.

I nodded and avoided his gaze.

"Want to learn a couple of chords?"

I gasped, "Yes."

"Atta girl," he handed his guitar to me.
Why the hell was it so unnecessarily heavy?

He moved my left hand to the neck of the guitar. "Keep your fingers sturdy here, alright?"

I nodded and he reached behind me to move my arm around the base, placing my fingers on the frets. He was so close and I found myself trying to control my breathing.