Part 2: So We Meet Again

Today was officially my first semester of college, and I decided I'd major in music.

Music was more than my passion, it was my escape. My safe haven. Something no one or no place could give me.

The only thing was, I was too afraid of the stage. Much more afraid of the light. Scared that if it shines too brightly, every part of me, even the darkest parts, will be visible for everyone to see.

My sister, stopped short of ever achieving her dreams, was the only motivation strong enough to pull me through with this decision.

She'd want me to do this, not just for her, but most importantly...for myself.

And I'll do all I can while I still have this power called 'life'.

• • •

"Hey, can I sit beside you?" I looked up and saw a brown-skinned girl in baggy jeans. She had on a clean pair of air forces, as well as a brightly colored durag atop her head. Tomboy vibes. She seemed nice.

"Yeah."

"Thanks. I'm a little spooked about all of this," she sat beside me, "I'm Celean, but you can call me CeCe, what's your name?"

"Amora."

Her eyes widened, "Cute name."

"Thank you," I giggled.

She nodded, and we saw the professor walk towards the front of the class.

Most instructors dressed in a decent manner for work to not distract their surroundings. It didn't work for him, however.

Even though he was wearing a casual sweater, I could scan almost every muscle of him with my eyes.

He rubbed the back of his neck, causing his bicep to bulge up. Bags were underneath his gold eyes, and his hair looked like it had just left the pillow.

He didn't want to be here for sure, but damn he was fine.

"Girllll," I heard someone whisper behind me.

Guess I wasn't the only one thinking it.

"Oh lord, here we go," Celean rolled her eyes.

I laughed, "What?"

"Ladies. Quiet back there."

We all got still.

"Continuing on now. You all can call me by my first name Hex."

Well Hex rhymes with sex, I thought in my head.

Now come to think about it, for a quiet chick I had many foul thoughts.

"Sounds like some spell casted by a witch. I'mma take this wand and hex yo ass," Celean mumbled.

"Miss Celean," he eyed her.

She got quiet.
I almost snorted.

"Aherm. Yada yada yada. Your first project is due by the end of the week. You are to create a three minute video of a rhythm without the use of instruments."

My face twisted up.

"You all may talk amongst yourselves now. Lecture is over," Hex stood and left his e-mail on the board for any questions then exited the room.

That was a lecture?!

No examples??

"Saw that coming," Celean sighed. "He never teaches us shit, yet everyone wants to be in his class. Probably cause his brood chest."