The Zoo

Read chapter one again before reading this chapter ❤️

Warrens POV:

I get out of the car and walk towards my friend Zack house. Today I'm supposed to pick up my goddaughter Julie and take her to zoo to distract her from her moms illness.

I knock on the door and zack answered it.

"Hey man", zack says while giving me a bro hug.

His eyes were red and heavy looking as if he had been crying . It's understandable though. He's wife going through a near experience and he can't do nothing about it .

"Hey man", I hugged him back . "You holding on there brother"? , I ask.

"Yea I'm trying , Julie doesn't really understand what's going on but I wanted to distract her from what's been going on and my plans for today but thank you for taking the time out and doing this for me and my wife", he said.

"Hey no worries it's fine I'll do anything for you ", I said sincerely. "My girlfriend is actually going with us to so she'll be fin-

All of a sudden I felt tiny arms wrap around my leg.

"WARWAR" , Julie said while squeezing the hell out of my leg.

I honestly hate that nickname but sense it's Julie she'll be the only exception .

"Hey my sweet girl", I said as I pick her up and laugh after she squeals during the process.

"You and uncle warren are gonna spend some time together today ok", zack said to his daughter.

"Coming with us?"Julie said as she tugged on his shirt.

Zack bent down on one knee in front of Julie and said softly "No sweetheart not today because daddy has to see mommy today so it's just a you and war war ok".

"Ok" , Julie said not giving a care in the world ..... or as I can say "not giving a fuck"

"Ok well you and warren should get going , you don't want the animals to be asleep before you even show up", zack said .

Julie jumps and sprinted towards the door. We laughed at her reaction .

"Ok zack I'll bring her back safe and sound when we're finish", I said and patted his arm.

"Alright I'll see you both later", he said sounding a little sad.

I hoped he'll make it through this.

I picked Julie up and opened the door and walk towards the car. I buckle her up in her car seat....... which I brought no more than a hour ago because I didn't know she stills seats in one.

I closed her door , got in the car then gave zack our goodbyes and drove towards angels house.

~~~~~~~~~~

*15 mins later*

"Hey Julie", I said while driving .

"Yesh"

"I'm going to go pick up my girlfriend up from her house because she's joining us then will head to the zoo ", I said .

"Can we listen to- to the my little pony", she squeak.

I guess she didn't give a shit about what I said , I thought.

"Um sure" , I said totally unaware of what my little pony is .

As I approach a stop sign I texted angel that we were on our way and I immediately put on my little pony theme song. Turns out it's a show about horses or unicorns whatever .