Chapter 26

A bassinet is like a cradle for a baby that's open from a side and that goes attached to the parents' bed. It's like an extension of the bed so that the baby can sleep safely with the parents. You can google it up to get a clearer idea cuz I had no idea that this was its name.

It felt so different. So soothing and happy to finally have Sakuto in their arms, with them. A baby so small and cute, their baby. It felt so amazing that they didn't even pay much attention when Tsunade explained to them what had happened during labour. Although it wasn't much different to what she had assumed beforehand. Indeed, the trespassings had been a poor way of trying to lure ninja and Kakashi away from (Y/n) and Sakuto. But it obviously didn't work when it was Kakashi who guarded his wife and son's room.

In the end, half of the people that tried attacking the hospital died while the other one retreated and managed to escape. They weren't many people to begin with, but it made Tsunade ask if these people were a known group or not.

In any case, the Hatake family was finally released from the hospital soon and so they left for their small home where they finally placed the bassinet they had bought so long ago, as well as took all the other baby stuff they had been buying and keeping away.

They were so excited, that all they did was sit on the couch, all cuddled up with (Y/n) in Kakashi's warm embrace while she held Sakuto. At times he'd sleep peacefully, cuddling to his mom like she did with her husband, or he'd grab Kakashi's finger because the silver-head couldn't resist the warm feeling he felt when his son grabbed him.

Then, at other times when he'd be awake, he'd stare around curiously, but mostly to his parents. And whenever Kakashi or (Y/n) talked to him with the typical baby voice everyone did with kids, Sakuto looked at them more attentively and seemed to smile wider. He might not be aware of what the concept of parents was, but he knew enough to know that he had a connection to Kakashi and (Y/n). In the end, he did recognize their voices from when he was in (Y/n)'s womb, and he was now always scanning their faces to remember them.

And just because he always watched Kakashi and (Y/n) curiously, they could now see his dark eyes that were beginning to open more, having Kakashi's beautiful shape. His skin was now of a clearer color in between (Y/n)'s and Kakashi's with not a single tint of red anymore. And his hair was so characteristic like his father's... It still was baby hair, so soft and short, but silver. And another thing that happened to be similar to Kakashi was that Sakuto was born with a beauty mark too, though it was on his right cheek and not his chin.

But the thing both Kakashi and (Y/n) loved the most was how snuggly Sakuto was. He loved to be in his parents' arms, and if he was left alone while awake he'd start crying. And it wasn't only just being held by them, he loved to snuggle. To be hugged by them and rest on them, and especially he loved when Kakashi and (Y/n) kissed his head or body. He still wasn't aware of what it was, but he felt it was a loving gesture that he enjoyed.

It only added to Kakashi's happiness, to see that his son was (at least for now) affectionate and that he loved to be loved. Of course, he was still too young but it made his insecurity of his past personality affecting the baby.

"I need to go to the toilet. Here" (Y/n) separated from Kakashi who had just laid on her cheek one of the many pecks he did while cuddling with his family. But at her words, his face changed to a one subtly less happy.

"I'll wait" Kakashi said, not paying attention to the last word (Y/n) had said, which made her arch a brow at him. Kakashi gulped, looking at (Y/n) and the just woken-up Sakuto.

"Kakashi" (Y/n) called him softly, which made Sakuto move his little hands some more while shuffling in his mother's embrace, waking up some more "You haven't held him yet" she said softer when she felt Sakuto wake up. She looked at her son and saw him moving his lips before closing his eyes again and snuggle some more on her.

"I..." Kakashi said nervously, looking away. It was true, he hadn't. He was afraid.

"Here" (Y/n) said, reaching Sakuto to him a little. But Kakashi still hesitated. What if Sakuto cried and didn't like him. How was he even supposed to hold him, which was the right way? "It's okay, you'll see. Trust me" (Y/n) told him with a reassuring smile.

Kakashi gulped again and draped his hands over the small and warm body of Sakuto. The baby shuffled a little at the touch but kept being calm, being half-asleep half-awake. Kakashi's heart clenched at how much he loved his son and how adorable he looked, he was so small that his hand was as big as his body.

(Y/n) finally reached it more to him and Kakashi ended up holding him better. The first couple of seconds he was nervous. He was expecting Sakuto's face to change into one of those grimaces he did when he cried and that made his heart hurt from seeing them, from seeing his son suffering. But he didn't. Sakuto stared up, sensing that he wasn't with the same person, and kept watching Kakashi's face. He even smiled a little while he extended his little hands and kicked a little, snuggling closer to him as he sensed his father's will to protect him.

Kakashi smiled and felt a relieving wave of joy through his body. He pulled Sakuto closer to him and kissed his head, making the baby do some noises as he reached his hands to Kakashi's head too. It made (Y/n) smile as well. She leaned down to peck Kakashi on the lips and left to the toilet, and after that, she decided to make dinner in order to leave Kakashi more time with Sakuto.

Kakashi and Sakuto stayed a lot of time watching each other, playing with their hands and fingers and snuggling into each other. The jonin had never felt this feeling of love towards someone else that wasn't (Y/n), and even then it was a different type of love. But it made his eyes teary every once in a while when watching his son just be.

"Dinner's ready" (Y/n) announced, making Kakashi come out of the daze that was staring at his handsome son. He hadn't even realized how much time had passed, it just went by too fast when he looked at his son.

He got up and walked to the table that was already sat, finding a smiling (Y/n) there. He sat at the table and the both of them started eating. Or well, they were about to before Sakuto started grunting. 

"What is it, Sakuto?" Kakashi asked him, feeling his chest fill with worry slowly as he saw his cute pouting babyface. Which meant he'd cry soon.

"I think he's hungry too" (Y/n) said as she felt her breasts losing some milk. She walked to her husband and held Sakuto, and as soon as she started to breastfeed him he stopped crying, latching onto her breast.

After dinner the both parents resumed their cuddling on the couch while Kakashi read to Sakuto one of his kids' books. Sakuto became instantly hypnotized by Kakashi. His eyes didn't wander around in curiosity anymore, nor his legs kicked energetically. He was just lost in his father's low voice and his unmasked face that smiled while reading to him. All while (Y/n) caressed his small and soft silver head carefully.

Soon, with his hands over his mouth, Sakuto began to fall asleep as his lids felt heavier and heavier and the sound of his father's voice lulled him to sleep. Accompanied by the soft touch of her mother's finger doing caresses on his frown. It was a matter of seconds before he fell asleep in such a loving atmosphere.

Once he was asleep, it was (Y/n)'s turn to be entranced by Kakashi's voice. She stared at him, completely in love. And when Kakashi stopped reading and looked at her with a smile she mirrored him with half-lidded eyes, already half-asleep.

"I love you" Kakashi said beaming with joy before kissing her lips. (Y/n) kissed him back and then snuggled on him. And the three of them slept on the couch until Sakuto woke them up with his baby cries, demanding to be fed again.