Chapter 16

(art by @maru_shikak on twitter) 

I looked at my reflection in the mirror yet again. I pulled up Kakashi's shirt from me and caressed my belly while I looked at it in the mirror, letting go of a sigh and a grimace. 'I am fat...' I thought with slight disgust towards the figure on the mirror 'No matter what Kakashi says, I look swollen and big and fat...'

Lately, as my belly had been getting bigger to make room for the growing baby, I had been undeniably looking fatter. Every time I got out of the shower, dressed myself up, or just walked by a mirror or a window, I couldn't help but notice it. And I wondered whether the rest of the people would be able to notice it too. But there was no doubt they would, I looked chubby. Would they be able to tell that I looked like that because I was pregnant, or would they think I just gained weight? In any way, I still looked thick. And not even in a good way.

Most times Kakashi would notice my approach on my looks, and he'd trap me in his arms, or under him on the bed, and then he'd attack me with kisses until I admitted that I wasn't fat. But he wasn't always there, and I couldn't change the way I looked even if he repeated how gorgeous I was over and over again.

I sighed exasperatedly, and having bullied myself enough for the day I decided to get out of our bedroom to eat breakfast. I smiled lightly when I realized I wasn't nauseous again, and my mood lightened when I saw that the doctor was right and I wouldn't vomit again in the mornings 'At least there's something good this morning' I sighed again, walking in the living room.

But then, my mood only brightened even more at the sight before my eyes. And I wasn't referring to the delicious breakfast that Kakashi had cooked for me and that lied on the table ready to be devoured. I was talking about Kakashi himself. He was sitting on the sofa, so he hadn't really noticed me yet, but I could see him completely. And I saw him looking at a piece of paper with a happy smile. More specifically watching our baby's sonogram of 4 months old, holding it close to him with a proud smile. Looking at the already visible face of our baby. An actual face, a human face.

It made my heart melt from how cute it was, and from seeing how much he loved our unborn baby.

I approached him and kissed the top of his silver head, hugging him from behind.

"Good morning" I said in a good mood, snuggling closer to him as much as the couch allowed me to.

He stopped looking at the picture and looked up at me before smiling yet again and putting his lips in a smooch form for me to kiss them instead of his head. I smiled bigger and kissed him, separating from him to walk to the table as I felt my stomach and my baby wanting to be filled with this enticing food Kakashi had made for us.

"Hey" Kakashi answered back, standing up and sitting next to me at the table "How are you feeling?" he asked, referring to the sicknesses, to which I smiled and started eating.

"Amazingly well, not an ounce of dizziness" I answered, and he smiled. His hand traveled to my womb.

"And how's our baby doing?" he said, giving my morning kiss on my cheek.

Just then the baby moved in my belly as an answer. Or maybe they were just reacting to the food. Who knows. But one thing was for sure, and that was that I had become used to feeling them. Whenever I'd eat something I loved, when Kakashi and I were cuddling lovingly, or when Kakashi got home, I would always feel slight kicking as if our baby wanted to be a part of that already.

After I ate breakfast I decided to go on the daily walks the doctor said I should do, and like always, Kakashi accompanied me. Actually, it was him who asked to go out after I finished eating.