Coming out.

You're sat on the sofa with your wife, Ariana. She's layed in between your legs fiddling with your fingers. You're both watching The Vampire Diaries.

You both have a daughter. She's called Ellie. She's upstairs.

"Baby?" Ariana asks.

"Yeah princess?"

"Have you noticed how.... distant Ellie has been recently?" Ariana asks.

"Yeah. She seems to get upset over alot of things recently. I'm worried about her." You say.

The living room door opens.

"Mamas?"

Ellie walks around to you both. You both sit up. She pulls the beanbag up to the sofa.

"I need to tell you guys something and i need you to just listen." Ellie says.

You pause TVD and sit facing her.

"Tell away." You say.

"I think I'm trans."

You and Ariana look between each other and then back to Ellie.

"Okay. What makes you think that? Not that I'm doubting you in anyway at all but i just want to know what made you realise." You say.

"I've just been doing alot of thinking recently and the more i thought about it, the more i realised. I dont feel comfortable in my body, at all." Ellie says.

"Okay. What can we do to help you feel more comfortable?" Ariana asks.

"Can you two refer to me with he/him pronouns? When you talk to people and they mention me, could you refer to me with he/him pronouns?" Ellie asks.

"Absolutely. Are you wanting us to call you another name?" You say.

"Yeah. Could you call me Elliott?" He asks.

"Absolutely."

He smiles. Then he hugs you.

"Thank you." He says.

"Of course. How 'bout, tomorrow, i take you shopping?" Ariana says.

"Yeah. I'll join. We can take you shopping, you can get a haircut. We'll get you a binder." You say.

"Really?" He asks.

"Well duh. I mean ya dont wanna be goin in around in girl clothes do you?" You say.

"No absolutely not." Elliott says.

"Then shopping we go." You say.

He hugs you again and then runs off upstairs.

"I'm proud of him." Ariana says.

"Me too."

"And I'm proud of you too." Ariana says.

"Why?"

"I just am. For being an amazing mama."

You smile.

"Well I'm proud of you too princess." You say.

You both share a kiss. You both take the same positions as before and continue watching TVD.

Sorry if it's bad. I'm just not doin so great rn.