Chapter 1 - Vanilla

wordcount; 2363

October

Friday 9th

(Y/N) watched the clock from the back of the classroom as she waited for the last lesson of the day to end so she could go home. Well, so she could go to work, but work was better than school, albeit home was better than work. But money was money.

The bell rang, and everyone scurried to pack up and leave.

"The bell doesn't dismiss you, I dismiss you!" Mr Harrison bellowed, in which everyone went from frantically packing their bags to slowly packing their bags, "Now, for homework..."He rambled on about the work the class had to do this weekend and (Y/N) wrote it down in her journal. "Okay..." The entire class hovered over their chairs in anticipation of waiting to be allowed to leave, "You may leave, have a good weekend." The entire classroom raced out of the door was only big enough for one person to leave at a time, causing a queue to form as the lucky students closest to the door ran out whilst everyone else was pushing others out the way.

(Y/N) just sighed and stood still as she waited for everyone else to leave, knowing it was futile to fight.

"(Y/N), can I talk to you for a minute?"

Oh god. (Y/N) turned around with a bent in her knees as she lit up a fake smile, "Yes, Mr Harrison?"

"You know (Y/N), I think you are a bright student, and I know you have the potential, it's just in your last essay it was less than what I'd expect from you." He gave both a concerned and disappointed look to her, "Is everything alright?"

(Y/N) looked to the side and huffed, "Yeah, it's just, a new year you know, trying to get back into the gist of things, I promise when I'm more settled I'll do better."

"Okay... just take it easy, don't stress yourself, and if you're having a hard time with any of the content, just ask me, okay?" He placed his hand on her shoulder, giving it an affirming shake. She nodded and brushed him off, dashing out of the now-empty classroom.

(Y/N) left the humanities building and made her way towards the car park of the school where she found Patrick sitting in the car's boot, listening to music and not noticing (Y/N) was there.

She crept to the side of him, "Boo!"

"AHH." He fell deeper into the car as he hit his head against the back seat, "(Y/N)! Don't do that, Jesus."

She just laughed as he composed himself, got out of the car, closed the boot and went to the side to open his side of the door, "Get in, we're going to be late." (Y/N) strolled to the front and got in the car. "So, how was your day?" Patrick asked as he started the car.

"Ugh, it was alright for the most part, until Mr Harrison told me I did shit on my history essay, a real damper on my mood, you know?"

"Mhm."

"So, what about you?"

"Oh, well, it was good for the most part, until that little bitch Pablo ruined my free period."

"Ha, what did he do this time?"

"Apparently I had taken the last good sandwich from The Hexagon and he demanded I give it to him."

"There are other canteens on campus, couldn't he had just gone to the other ones, or wait an hour for them to restock?"

"That's what I said! But of course, he wouldn't wait for his favourite sandwich or go somewhere else for it. God, he's so entitled, thinking he deserves everything he wants instantly just cause his dad is the headmaster."