The Date

Jason had told you that he was going to pick you up for the date, since he could borrow his mom's car for the day.

You didn't want to give a stranger your home address, so you asked him to pick you up at the local park.

He's already 15 minutes late, though.

Where could he be?

You start to worry and decide to call him / text him.

Suddenly, you hear a phone start ringing behind you / notice movement in the bushes behind you.

You quickly turn around to see what's going on and see Jason hiding in the bushes behind you!

You can't help but jolt back out of fear of what you have just seen.

"S-sorry, you're just so cute that I couldn't help staring at you..."

That's the excuse that Jason gives you.

You sigh, finding him a bit strange, but quickly turn your annoyance and frustration into a big fake smile.

He drives you to the cinema, leaving the two of you in an awkward silence for most of the drive.

It takes a while, but Jason finally decides to talk to you.

"So! Any idea which movie you want to watch? There's three options playing today. 'I Love You, Rosie,' 'Kiss The Fool,' and 'Waiting For His Rose.'"

You look the movies up online and read what they're about.

After making your decision, Jason smiles at you.

"It's settled, then" he says, cheerfully, almost sing-songy with his tone.

You smile back, but you can't shake the anxiety that you're getting. You're alone in the car with a guy from your school. He's close enough to your age, but anybody can be harmful at any age.

Your smile slowly fades and you fold your hands in your lap, your stomach churning from the fear of being alone with a guy you know next to nothing about.

Who knows what he could do to you, after all.