"What...?" Oak can't finish.

"Are you kidding me?" Wad snaps.

"It makes sense." Tew sighs.

"He's been playing all along." Em rubbed his head. "Should have known, dragon fire is deadly against a demon but it didn't seem to do much. Shadows."

The only one not surprised is me. A Demon Lord is old and powerful, that's what you see but everyone forgets the simplest fact. He was the Demon of Deception and that's what he did. He deceived.

"I don't think you noticed." I held out my hand calling power and turned it, the sky above coming into full view as the branches became transparent. "The stars are moving."

Em and Tew frowned, Wad and Oak swore seeing it, the Demon Star.

"That's his plan?" Oak let out a full sigh. "I really hate this guy."

"He planned well." I smile as I focus on a particular area of the sky. "Do you think he noticed this too?"

"Oh...my..." Prae used magic to focus it better, Em notices it a moment later what is hidden behind the Demon Star. "I bet the old man knew something about this."

"Which old man?" Oak wanted to clarify. "The demon old man? Or Kong's old man, the Archmage."

"Archmage." The others said together.

"Anything on the contract-maker?"

"Nothing." Prae stops talking halfway. "If I can't find him..."

"He used an innocent soul." Tew looked concerned. "That means we can't touch him until the demon's dead."

"Leave the contract-maker be." I stop them. "That will come in time."

"You know who it is."

My silence is answer enough, the others share a look. Something else was bothering me, Forth mentioned him and I remembered his words from our last meeting. He was a small thorn that should be removed quickly.

"Find the man in the suit for me." I look at Prae. "He's too interested in Arthit. I want him found before he gets anywhere near, my Earth."

~~~~~~~~~~

Archmage's Daughter

3rd Person POV

"He's the Demon Lord? Him? Your father?" She turned to look at her husband who was sipping tea with the elegance of royalty. She felt cheated. "At least tell me I'm an Earl!"

You could hear crickets in the silence that followed. Kong only smiled, his mother was talking to his sisters in a three-way video call, introducing them to Arthit's father and explaining the current situation.

Both the sisters, Cherry and Rey, listened with rapt attention. They both seemed to be fond of fantasy and were enjoying the new developments as though they were new chapters in a novel. Rojnapat found it safer to sit with Boom and let the ladies talk. After being dead for a few hundred years, all this excitement was new to him. He also realised in the last few days, the Ex Third Demon Lord or Master Som were the safest people to be around. They were less scary than their wives.

"How did they meet Kong?" Cherry, the eldest asked. "From all the stories, they should be enemies."

"Mother argued with grandfather and ran away from home, but ended up being kidnapped by the demons." Kong answered. "To escape, she challenged the Demon Lord..."

"To a fight?" His mother smiled. "And I kicked his ass?"

"Poker. You won, three out of three." Kong smiled. "He was cheating of course but, 'when you left, you took his heart with you.'"