~ Chapter 19 ~

I'm a funny thing, aren't I?

I take things away for eternity and never once return them....

————————————

We stayed in Bengal for two more days, but now we were returning to London. I filled Darren in on what was happening. He moved to sit beside me and pulled me close to him "I will be by your side until the very end. I know now that you are not my prey but something much, much more" he tells me. I smile slightly "we care for each other, though we may not show it or say it, we do. And with that fact, I would like to become mates Darren" I say confidently. He looks at me and smiles "of course! But if that's truly what you want then you must know what that means" he says and I nod, he would be by my side every second, he would take care of me and protect me, he would care and I will do the same. For demons to mate the male must mark the demoness with their contract symbol which is located on the chest, I assume that would be how it will work for us as well. I would be able to find him and he would be able to find me. We will be tied together by a tough string, he leans down and a part of me is relieved that I could finally get this off of my chest. Our lips meet as we shift slightly. I straddle him and feel a burning sensation on my chest, the kissing distracts me as our tongues dance together. Once we pull away he smirks "I knew you'd be mine at some point" he purrs. I roll my eyes and giggle "I'm yours, yes. But most importantly, your mine" I counter, staking my own claim. "Even so, you'll always be mon amour" he says, pressing his forehead to mine. I stay in his lap for awhile and it's quiet, he rubs circles into my back as my head lays on his shoulder "are you sure this is a good idea? Returning I mean. They could be waiting for you" he voices his concerns and I sigh "death wishes that I do not hurt anyone unless I need to, but it has assured me that they will understand once they notice my aura" I explain and he nods in confirmation.

It took us atleast 24 hours before we arrived. We arrived in the early morning just as the sun was beginning to rise. We put our hoods up and snuck through town, we noticed grim reapers everywhere which made me all the more determined to get them to listen. We stop at my father's shop and I use my soul sense, I could sense Sebastian and Ciel but no one else unfortunately as reapers did not have souls of course. Darren narrows his eyes slightly "I only smell undertaker, we should be good" he mutters and I nod. We swiftly enter the shop and Darren the shuts and locks the door quickly, I turn to face a shocked Ciel, alert Sebastian, and a frozen undertaker. I smirk and lower my hood "I'm bloody gone for two weeks and this place already looks more dusty than before" I playfully joke, soon I'm enveloped into a hug by my father, though he was hesitant at first as he sensed a powerful entity within me. He released me and smiled "good to have you back" he says, Ciel huffs "about time to. Those grim reapers are getting annoying" he says, Sebastian immediately backs away a few feet from me and Ciel seems confused "what is it Sebastian?" He asks, seeing a demon cautious around me now that I harbor death made me feel a sense of...power. He hesitates but finally speaks "they harbor the entity called death. The ruler and creator of the grim reapers, with these two working together..." he trails off as the realization hits him "I'm basically as powerful as a god" I finish for him, my father seems proud of me as he chuckles "my daughter...a god..." he mumbles, Ciel seemed intrigued "so if that's the case, why have you returned?" He asks. Darren answers for me "well, Ebony must clear their name and Death wishes to set its children back onto the right path, so what they want can happen if the two work together" he says, wrapping an arm around my waist and kissing my cheek, I narrow my eyes slightly. Seeing this my father giggles "it seems you've grown up quite more than I anticipated...atleast your happy" he says, Ciel glances at Sebastian who huffs "a mating mark? Really?" He asks, Darren chuckles "what's mine is mine, what's hers is hers" he says. 

After Sebastian and Ciel leave, I inform my father of my plan. I decide to allow him and Darren to accompany Death and I on our mission. "If we do this, no one is to be killed. Injuring only" I state, glaring at the two who averted their gazes but agreed. Father gathered up his sotobas before I took Darren's hand, we nodded to each other and my father grinned "this will be fun" he giggled before we disappeared, making our way to the reaper realm.