¥ Chapter 12 ¥

....

---------------------------

That night I sat on the roof of a shop, hanging my legs over the edge to stare out at the dimly lit city. This time I was alert but relaxed as well. I heard a chuckle from behind me and I turned my head, Darren stood behind me with a smirk. I rolled my eyes from behind my bangs, I still had three hours until the party and I had to run into him of all demons. "What do you want Darren" I muttered, turning my head back to the scene before me, I felt his presence behind me as he kneeled down, taking a lock of my midnight blue hair and letting the silver fall away "what? I only smelled the delicious scent of a certain grim reaper and thought I'd say hi" he says with a small pout as I hear him draw in the scent of my hair. I roll my eyes once more, a grin on my face as I turn, my hair sliding out of his loose grip. I stare at him from behind my bangs, my smirk becoming more apparent "you're an idiot if you think I would ever want to say Hi to you" I teased with a slight purr as I pulled away and slid off the edge. My robes blew in the wind as I landed on my feet on the cobblestone sidewalk. I began to walk away but he jumped down behind me "at least let me see your eyes. A naturally born reaper like yourself should have beautiful eyes" he's persistent, I'll give him that. I sigh and turn on my heels, running my hand through my bangs and down my hair, my bangs slide out of the way which reveal my split green and bright blue eyes. He seemed stunned and I let out a 'tch' before covering my eyes and turning to walk away once again but of course he stops me. "Your going to a party tonight, aren't you?" He asks, I hesitate and frown slightly "what's it to you? Besides, it's a grim reaper event. I'd be looked down upon if I were to bring a demon..." I trailed off, thinking about the looks I would get which made me start to giggle. Clearly he understood and chuckled along as well "but then again, isn't that a good thing?" He asks, I sighed and glanced back at him, tilting my head up "oh, why not. There is a funeral parlor on the east end of London, stop by there, I'll be waiting. Be there no later than midnight" I said with a smirk before continuing on my way.

Once I got home, father seemed annoyed after I explained who would be coming over and why. His black nails tapped on the counter's wood and I smirked with a shrug "what? It's just one night, I won't let him take my soul, I'm too smart for that" I said with a giggle, making my way towards the steps "if he makes one wrong move I'll rip his head from his body" the silver haired man growls, I laugh. I had rarely seen this protective side of him, probably because I never liked the idea of bringing a man home. I nodded "yeah, yeah! Just play nice when he arrives, he already knows I'm a naturally born reaper" I call as I walk up the stairs, I hear him grunt before I slip into my bedroom to change. I slipped into a nicer dress, one that I believed was once my mother's. This was a semi-formal event meaning I could wear a short dress, this was the only short dress she owned and it seemed to be perfect for me. I heard the doorbell downstairs ring as I was doing my hair, putting the silver into a bun so my midnight blue hair laid over my shoulder in a half up half down hair-do.

Darren's POV

I stepped into the shop curiously, I glanced at my pocket watch before noticing a man sitting on the shop counter. He was clad in dark greys, silvers, and blacks, his long silver hair reminded me of Ebony's half and half hair...so this must be her father, the power radiating off of him was almost as strong as his daughters, but he didn't seem to like me much. I could feel his glare from under his bangs and it made me a bit uncomfortable before I cleared my throat "I'm here to escort Miss-" the man cuts me off but I don't dare to argue with him "my child. You're here to escort my reaper child to an event, partially in her honor? You? The demon I have heard so much about, which makes me wonder...why should I let you? You're a demon after all and she does in fact have a soul" he points out, sliding off the counter's edge and walking around to stand behind it as I feel his gaze watching me like a hawk. I hesitated, he made a good point...but this wasn't completely my idea. "er..." I couldn't form any words before I heard the clack of heeled boots coming down the stairs and a faint giggle "stop it dad. Didn't I tell you to play nice? Besides, it was mostly my idea" Ebony now stands at the bottom of the stairs, her eyes in full view and she looked absolutely enticing...wait why am I thinking this? Maybe because it was true? I heard the man sigh "fine then, but if your not back by 5 am I'm going to kill him myself, especially if he treats you unlike a gentleman should. If he even is one" he growls, sliding a hand through his bangs and flashing his reaper eyes, so then her mother must have also been a reaper if he is one as well. I felt slightly offended but Before I could say anything, Ebony took a hold of my arm "yeah, yeah. I'll be back by the time the sun starts rising, don't worry. Have a good night, father!" She says, pulling me out of the shop and onto the streets.