¥ Chapter 6 ¥

Note: Darren's contract symbol is above. When it's not in use it's completely black but when it is it glows red, hope you guys are enjoying this so far!

———————————————————————————————

It depends.

It might not be my place.

————————————————-

I had to go alone since Tessa was needed for a mission. I stood on the roof of a shop, looking over my to die list. Something caught my eye though, I looked down over the streets as I used my soul sense ability. I noticed a man dressed in a black suit with a dark purple undershirt and a black tie, his hair was a dark violet while his eyes were a strange dark blue-ish violet. He had 'demon' written all over him from his soul down to his aura, he seemed to be looking for something which only made me curious. I watched him duck into an alleyway and I sighed, jumping to the next building's roof and jumping down into the alleyway. I looked around but didn't see him, I drew my scythe just before he could attack me with a sword. The two of us clashed and I smirked "so you caught me" I giggled, he smirked "you're quite a young grim reaper, are you out here all alone? Though with the power you are giving off it seems you might not need a babysitter" he chuckles. I pushed forward, sending him backward as I swung my scythe over my shoulder and sigh "I'm not here for a fight, I'm only making sure you're not about to devour a soul" I sigh, shrugging out of uninterest. He straightens "your an interesting one, aren't you? Your power is quite overwhelming but what makes your presence even more tantalizing is the smell of your soul" he says, straightening his tie, my expression falls as I process what he had just said. So he confirmed it which makes me wonder who else knows.

He chuckles "I'm guessing by your expression I have just confirmed and unanswered question" he says, I frown slightly as I notice his eyes glow that magenta luster "dammit" I mutter, he races towards me once again. I jump up just before his sword hits me and I flip in the air, landing behind him. My scythe blade curls around to his front and he freezes "Making me your target is a big mistake. A naturally born reaper combined with a high skill level, like myself, could easily take you down. I'm the equivalent of three grim reapers put together so I suggest you end your hunt now" I growl, this only makes him chuckle, he grabs the handle of my scythe and pulls me in front of him. He grasps my free wrist and pulls me toward him, resting the tip of his sword against my stomach while my hand that held the scythe lowers the blade closer to the back of his neck, we stay in that position for a moment "well then, I guess we've caught ourselves in a tight corner" he says. I roll my eyes behind my bangs "I'm not moving until you give up, I could stay here forever, no doubt the reapers back at the company will get worried" I giggle, tilting my head slightly.

"Since we're in this situation, might I know the name of my prey?" He asks, a pleading edge to his voice, I figured this. His version of the hunt was control, he would persuade and seduce his target into doing what he wants. Might as well answer "My name is Ebony, my last is need to know information" I say, countering him with my own teasing voice as I giggle, he seemed slightly surprised by my counter attack but he stares down at me curiously "well then, call me Darren. That was my previous name, and I can't have a beautiful young creature such as yourself referring to me as demon" he teases, I almost cringe but keep my composure "well then, now that we're acquainted I should get going" I purr, my scythe disappearing which results in me jumping back with speed. I jump up onto the roof of one of the buildings that made up the alley "I better not catch you following me, I can be just as evil as your kind" I say, he watches me with amusement before I disappear, reentering the reaper realm.

My thoughts go back to his confirmation and I growl "if he knew then Sebastian must know meaning Ciel does as well...and there is no way Father doesn't know" I mutter out of agitation. I take a deep breath and relax, leaving the reaper realm once again and making my way to the shop. I step in to see Ciel, Sebastian, and my father the moment I enter, father smiles at me "welcome back Eb-" I cut him off as my death scythe appears, I slam it on the table that separated Sebastian, me, and Ciel from my dad. They stare at me in shock and confusion "what is your damn problem, Ebony!?" Ciel growls, glaring at me. I giggle darkly "my suspicion has been confirmed today after a run in with a certain demon" I say, my voice cheery but also creepy. They all frown and glance at each other nervously "what suspicion might that be, dear?" Undertaker asks me, I turn my angered glare to Sebastian then my father.

"I. Have. A. Soul"