¥ Chapter 18 ¥

Then why are we talking about this?

Your the one who took her away from me after all...

———————————————

It had been Two weeks. Darren and I had just arrived in Bengal. Ciel had tipped us off to the new king of Bengal, he had requested to the king that we stay for a few days until we could find somewhere to actually stay. Apparently my old division wasn't the only one searching for me, which wasn't actually a good thing. We made our way through town after meeting with an escort to take us to the palace. Darren kept me close at all times which I didn't mind, in fact I rarely spoke. I was able to get letters from my father from Grell and Ron. They would search me out and secretly pass me some information and surprisingly hadn't been caught. Once we arrive at the palace I felt utterly exhausted, Darren took notice and ran a hand through my half and half hair that kept my eyes hidden, this action made me straighten as I dispelled my tiredness. Lately I had been getting dreams, I was floating in darkness and a voice would call out to me and tell me that I needed to be strong but then I would wake. I snap out of my train of thought as we enter the throne room. I run my thumb across the locket in my hand that was hidden by my long sleeves, we bow respectfully and the king smiles "Ebony!" Soma cried and I was pulled into a hug. I giggled, Soma would sometimes visit London, I met him when I was 8 and we had been friends ever since, that's why I was excited when Ciel told me that he had informed the new king of my dilemma "greetings, King Soma" I chuckle. He pulls away with a bright smile "it's wonderful to see you again! And who might this be?" He asks curiously, Darren smiles gently "hello your majesty. My name is Darren Allaband, I am a friend Ebony's" he says. 

My thoughts wandered from the conversation and soon I wasn't listening, I only returned when the king ordered a servant to show us to our rooms so we could get some rest before dinner. I promised him we would catch up later and once I got to my room I flopped down in the bed. Just last week we were in France, I had learned that I could still summon my death scythe which came in handy. I pulled the locket out from under my sleeve and opened it, staring at the photo. I sighed and soon fell into a dreamless sleep.

After dinner and catching up with the now king soma and my other old friend, Agni, Darren and I returned to our rooms. I lay in the middle of the bed, curled into a ball. I felt Darren's presence appear and felt him spoon me, wrapping his arms around my torso "tired, mon amour?" He asks and I nod slightly. One of his hands released me and gently closed the locket, sliding it from my fingers and setting it down somewhere. I set my now free arm down as he continued to cuddle me. Soon my eyes drifted shut and I fell asleep once again. This time it wasn't dreamless.

I was in the void again and heard something calling my name. Once I opened my eyes I saw what looked like a soul? It floated infront of me "Ebony...it is nice to finally meet you. You know me as Death. I don't have much time to explain so I'll keep this short. I would like us to become one, I believe that my children of death have strayed too far from their path towards forgiveness. I want to return everything to normal but I need a strong vessel" it says, I'm too entranced to question this. I needed no proof that this was in fact death, the aura around it was mortifying. I thought for a moment. This could work, I could show everyone what they have done wrong...I could go home and be...happy. "Your destiny leads to one of love and peace but in order to get that you must allow me to become apart of you" it says, my split eyes stare at the creature before they narrow slightly "I'll do it" I say. The creatures floats closer to me and disappears inside of me. There was no pain but I could feel our souls entwining, death promised that we would work together and not use each other for power or over dominate the other. An agreement we both will stick too.

Finally I awake and yawned, Darren had gone so I sat up. I went to the wash room and froze. My hair had black streaks in it. It was still split but their was black in it. My eyes were still reaper eyes but there was a marking on my forehead. It was black and looked like a four edged star. I could hear death inside of me, telling me it was ok. I hid my forehead and eyes once again behind my hair, I wouldn't explain to anyone what happened, I would just say it happened sometimes. This arrangement was going to be interesting. I was going to become the embodiment of death itself to clear my name and show the other reapers their errors. And maybe I could finally kill the spider.