¥ Chapter 13 ¥

Well?

Are you?

--------------------------------

I smirk as the music starts, I'm the first to begin. I swipe my sword towards the demon who dodges slightly which I expected, halfway through his movements I extended my legs slightly to trip him but he side stepped as well. He snapped the the silk to tighten it and pulled me towards him, but I twirled around him as he did the same so the silk wouldn't coil around him. Soon we're fencing and as he tries to hit me I sidestep or twirl to the side. Soon I see him smirk and I hesitate before I swipe my sword at him, he ducks and faster than lightning he stands infront of me and I notice both my hands are bound, our swords are infront of us, blocking the other from hitting it's opponent. Grell seemed thrilled while william narrowed his eyes, Ron smirked as I giggled. He was caught off gaurd slightly as I moved her swords to the side, pulling him towards me and grinning up at him as I knee him where the sun don't shine, he grunts and in the process dropping his weapon. I burst into laughter as the other reapers clap at my victory. "Damn, she played him dirty!" Ron laughs, I smirk at him "I win" I purr, he chuckles and straightens, still holding the silk and pulling me close to him "I guess you do. Such a dirty trick" he says with a tease. I giggle "mm, and you fell for it" I say, untying my wrists and his own before turning, my skirt swishing as I hand the woman her silk back.

Grell smiles widely "that was amazing! You beat a demon to!" She squeals, I shrug "it wasn't technically a fight so I can't say I truly beat a demon" I say. Darren walks up behind me as Grell drags william away and Ron follows after them, grell winking at me and I roll my eyes. I turn and stare up at him "nice dancing" I say, he chuckles "thank you. Why don't we go somewhere quieter" he suggests, I smirk and take his hand, pulling him out onto a balcony where the moon shines brightly in the sky and the stars twinkle like lights. I lean on the railing and he stands beside me "if that man was your father, where might your mother be?" He asks, I hesitate before sighing "she was...she was killed by a demon, a day after my birth" I mutter, he glances down after me in slight surprise "oh...sorry" he said, I shook my head "nothing to be sorry about. You didn't know, it's fine" I say. We're quiet for a little until I speak up "so, whatcha doin' in London?" I asked as I turned and sat on the rail, hangoing my feet over the edge as he sighs "dunno...I just got out of a contract so I won't need to eat for a bit, but..." he trails off and feel his arms slide and round my torso as he stands behind me "you still smell delicious" he purrs. I smirk "your such a snake. I may be a grim reaper but I'm still a lady" I say the last part in an innocent tone. He laughs "if I knew you were a lady I would have screwed you earlier" he says, I giggle "what are you saying? Do you prefer feminine women?" I ask, glancing back at him playfully. Darren grins devilishly "maybe, maybe not. I'm just drawn to your mouth watering scent" he chuckles deeply, close to my ear. I smirk darkly "if I smell so good then why do you stop, darling?" I asked with a teasing edge, he narrows his eyes slightly "because I want tone play the game" he says lowly, leaning into the crook of my neck. 

Before anything could happen Grell burst through the door "Will!!! Our niece is becoming all grown up!" She shouts, I hear william grumble and we both laugh. Ron smirks, peeking out for behind grell "undertaker is gonna kill you!" He teases, I growl and swing my legs over the side, sliding off the rail and kissing Darren's cheek "I'll be back" I smirk, his eyes widen slightly as I start walking back into the ballroom, both Grell and Ronald running as I walk after them.

Darren's POV

I watch her walk inside, her scent still lingering around me as I huff. She was still close yet still so far. So her mother is dead, huh? Interesting. I sigh, how can I catch her soul? A contract won't work, she has the power to complete every goal she thinks of and she can clearly protect herself. Hunting her is slow and I don't think I can take anymore of the teasing...unless I teased back? What am I thinking!? She's a grim reaper...

What happens when a demon becomes obsessed with a soul? What happens when a demon becomes persistent? I tighten my hands into fists, this was frustrating. A new thought entered my mind which made me scoff, could she be taking an interest in me? She brought me to a party filled witH grim reapers, had the guts to dance with me, then kiss me...such a strange girl. I find her entertaining. Maybe I could be patient a little longer, her soul should certainly be worth the wait. I stare up at the moon, my dark blue eyes narrowing slightly "just how interesting can you get, miss ebony?" I muttered "you just might be worth watching carefully" I said, a sly smirk plastering my face.

William's POV

A demon and a grim reaper? Especially one like ebony? This could be dangerous. I sigh and adjust my glasses as I watch Ebony and Ron messing around, Grell beside me. The red reaper sighs and frowns slightly "will you be reporting this new development to the board?" She asks, glancing at me with a slight glare. I sigh "I'm certainly thinking about it, she's in the company-" I start but Grell interrupts "they more like their father than their mother, you know this. They won't be sticking around for much longer, surely you can see that william" she says, crossing her arms. I frown slightly "you have a point. But she's still part of the company at the moment, don't do anything rash, I'll think about this and see how far this little relationship will go" I say, glancing to the side at the reaper. He sighs and shrugs slightly "good enough for me, but just don't ruin it for them. They have gone through enough" she says, adjusting her own spectacles and walking over to the two other reapers.

I watch her go and close my eyes with a huff. If this thing with Ebony and that demon gets out of hand I'll have to report to the board, but I'll watch them first. I don't need to make assumptions. How utterly annoying. More overtime.