¥ Chapter 14 ¥

I want to avenge her but...

It wouldn't change or fix anything.

-----------------------------------------------------------

That night Darren escorted me back to the shop but papa wasn't there, darren was concerned but I got him to leave and I changed. Soon I looked around from the basement to the bedroom and sighed. I finally got to his study and opened the door. Empty. The only thing I noticed was a book that resembled...a cinematic record? I walked over to the desk and opened the book to the cover page. My eyes widened slightly when I read the name. I flipped through the pages, scanning the word. This was my mother's cinematic record. It held events from her birth up to the day she died as a human and a grim reaper. Though, this didn't explain where my father could be, but it hit me. Two pages had been bookmarked with a normal bookmark, not like the special ones. The first one was the night of my birth, the second was the last page in the book which was in fact the page of my mother's death. I read through the last page and I was thrust into the memory, I was seeing through my mother's eyes as she watched my father, the crying of a baby rang through her ears. My heart almost broke because that baby was me. Soon the memory ended in blackness and I was back in realty. I huffed and set the book back in the shelf, I knew what my father was doing because I had also noticed that all of his Sotobas were gone. I narrowed my eyes and entered into the reaper realm. It was dark but I noticed reapers were still hard at work. I made my way into the large mechanics room where I had created my scythe and I saw it leaning on a wall amongst others that had been created but mine seemed the most interesting. I smirked and my fingers wrapped around it's patterned staff handle before running my hand along the shiny jagged blade. I snapped my fingers and it disappeared. 

I exited the reaper realm and raced along the roof tops of London before getting to the edge and racing along the trees to the Trancy manor. Sure enough, once I an arrived I sensed two demons souls, and two human souls but I couldn't sense my father's since he was a shinigami. I walked up to the door and I noticed the souls shift positions, the two demon souls were now on the other side of the door and I grinned "I know you two are there" I giggled. Soon the door opened to reveal the red eyed and golden eyed butlers, Claude narrowed his eyes as Sebastian smiled gently "good evening, gentleman. I was wondering if Undertaker was around?" I asked, Claude was about to speak before Sebastian cut him off "actually he is. I wasn't expecting you to come looking for him after the night you've had" he comments as Claude reluctantly allows me inside. I giggle "yes, it was quite interesting. Though, I'm quite curious as to why you are here at the Trancy manor at this hour, care to explain?" I asked the two, they exchanged glances before looking back at me "just some business that needs to be squared away. The undertaker is with them in the study, follow me" Claude says, turning and making his way up the grand stairs. Sebastian frowns slightly but I grin and follow, Sebastian trailing behind me.

We make it to the study and upon entering I see Alois sitting at one side of the desk and Ciel sitting at the other. My father was standing behind Ciel but their attention turned to us as we walked in. My father seemed a bit surprised and so did Alois, Ciel didn't seem surprised since he kept his emotionless expression. "So, it seems she found you" Ciel says, taking a sip of some tea as Claude closes the study door, Father chuckles in response "it seems they have, how was the party?" He asks and I shrug "fine. Im here because I don't want to be left out if fighting does break out" I giggle, leaning on a nearby wall as Claude and Sebastian stand beside their master's. Alois huffs "oh well, shall we continue?" He asks Ciel who nods "you were saying something about a duel?" Ciel says, this caught my interest as I quietly listened.

Alois nodded "Me and you will have a fight to the death, meanwhile Claude and the reapers could have their own fight, Sebastian will monitor said battle but if you order him to fight I'm sure Claude can handle it" he explains, my interest turns into annoyance, that wasn't annoyance fair fight. I wanted something that would last, not something that would end before it even began. Ciel sets his tea down as Claude's expression remained unreadable, the blue haired man nods "undertaker? Ebony?" He asks, glancing at us. Father smirks "sounds like fun, Earl" he says, his eyes flashing under his bangs. I huff and frown slightly "I would prefer a fair fight. I'll get the first battle with Claude, if I fail my Father may take my place, followed by Sebastian. It would be less enjoyable if all three of us ganged up on him" I explain, crossing my arms. Ciel nods "understandable. Hannah will Monitor our battle if you'll allow that, the triplets are not to interfere" Ciel voices his demands and Alois smirks "I'm alright with these terms. How about in two months?" He asks, we all agree and Ciel stands to leave. Claude escorts the four of us out and we wait until Ciel's carriage has disappeared into the night and the two of us make our way back to the shop. Once we are back my father chuckles "I sensed the scythe on you, may I see the changes you have made?" He asks, I grin and call upon it. It appears and I set it on the counter, father smiles brightly as he examines it "it's perfect, your mother would have loved it" he says. Oh, right, I remember now. I clear my throat "while we are on the subject of my mother, I found her record in your study...do you mind if I go through it?" I asked. The silver haired mortician turns his head to look at me with a grin "why do you think I took it from the library?" He asks, I smile brightly "thanks! I'm gonna head to bed now, I have work in the morning" I say, father nods and I make the weapon disappear before climbing up the stairs and heading to bed.

I had a month. Then I can finally kill the spider.