~ Chapter 10 ~

And?...

What If I am?

-----------------------------------

Darren's POV

I chuckle as I watch her leave Alois on the dance floor and make her way to a small group sitting at a table, one of them I knew as Sebastian. I smirk and stand, making my way over to them and I bow slightly "hello miss Ebony, do you mind dancing with me?" I ask her, a sly smirk on my face as I glance up at her. She glances at me and giggles, a teasing and mischievous aura clouding her as she and I get glares from the other three. She shrugs and takes my hand "sure, why not" she giggles, pulling me out and onto the dancefloor. We position ourselves together as the music picks up speed, some of the couples exit the dance floor leaving us and another couple to dance swiftly. She pulls back and I pull her back towards me, causing her to spin into my chest. We side step and I take her waist, doing an about face which caused her dress to twirl as I set her down. We smirk at each other as I dip her back, she sticks her tongue out at me, a teasing action. I pull her back up and we spin for a moment, we waltz in a circle, switching positions with the other couple and finally finishing with another dip. The music stops and everyone claps, I smile down at her "fast dancing" I chuckle, she smirks "whatever I can do to keep you on your feet" she teases.

I pull her up and we both bow to each other before the normal dancing resumes. She grabs my collar and pulls me down to her level, a teasing expression on her face as our lips were barely an inch away, I could smell her sweet breath as she giggled "nice try, lover boy" she says, catching me off guard slightly. She releases me and turns with a swish of her skirt, making her way back to the table. I chuckle, she was quite entertaining but also quite irritating. She was a fox, the perfect black rose, dark and mysterious but also teasing and beautiful with sharp thorns. The perfect Ebony rose.

I turned, exiting the dance floor and leaving the manor. Flashes of our dance fill my mind, her small but strong body in my grasp like the thorny stem of a rose, her smooth skin so warm and soft like a flower petal, everything about her was a tease. A mysterious and delicious tease. Soon she will be within my grasp, unable to break free of my Constrictive hold. I chuckled at myself before disappearing into the night, her scent swarming my mind still.

Undertaker's POV

Once we returned home, Ebony went to bed which left me in the basement to work on our newest guest. Events from the evening ball swam in my mind, making me grit my teeth in annoyance. Alois hadn't picked a wife but the way he treated her made me want him dead much sooner than Ciel, and the way that demon held her. This irritated me, a demon following my child for her soul!? I take a deep breath and frown slightly, I would just have to let Ebony have her fun with them, after all their reactions were quite hilarious. I shouldn't get too worked up over this. She could take care of herself, she is more than capable...so then why do I feel like she's like her mother? I growled in annoyance, this was frustrating. I slam my hands on the wooden table in front of me as I glare at the floor in annoyance. I sigh and massage my temples "I guess I'm not meant to understand" I mutter, straightening and going to work to get my mind off of this.

Ebony's POV

I quietly snuck out of my room, racing along the rooftops of London and landing on the roof of a large chapel. I jumped up as Claude raced towards me, he paused as I landed behind him "I'm not that stupid" I huff, my scythe forming in my hands causing me to giggle "you killed my mother and now your here to kill me, aren't you?" I asked, he smoothed out his uniform top before looking at me and adjusting his glasses, his golden eyes piercing through me "yes, you irritate me just as she did. You have a soul which makes it even worse, your smell is a drug that I wish to get rid of just as your mother's" he says, racing towards me with golden butter knives. Our blades clashed as I jumped up quickly, coming down and slamming the blade onto the roof, I was aiming for the demon but he dodged swiftly so a large dent was in the chapel roof now. I pulled my scythe out and as he went to punch me I slammed my scythe into the ground and pulled myself up, swinging my legs around to kick him. He ducked and I landed, quickly pulling my scythe out and the two of us clashed once more, I glared into his golden eyes. I had changed into my usual robes so I wouldn't have to worry about my dress getting dirty or ruined. The night wind blew harshly and my bangs slid away, revealing my split eyes. He stared in surprise and the two of us pushed each other back. We slid back, I dug my scythe into the roof, keeping me from sliding off as he just planted his feet into the roof and straightened. "You're powerful, but unlike your mother you have a normal healing process" he states, he seemed frustrated by this as I giggled and stood "bingo! You can't hurt me like you did her, but I plan on inflicting the exact pain on you as you did on her" I giggled darkly.

His eyes turned that magenta luster and I laughed chaotically "finally! You're getting serious" I giggled. He raced towards me and I met him halfway, both of us aiming to kick each other but our legs clashed. I wrapped my leg around his and twisted which caused him to fall on his side, he used his hands to stop his fall as I released him, he bent his legs back and raised his torso to stand as our weapons met once again. Before I knew it a flash of red entered my vision and Claude was pushed back causing him to almost slip off the edge but regain his balance. I glance up at the sound of a chainsaw and a lawn mower, Grell stood in front of me "does your father know you're out here this late, darling?" She asks, swinging her chain saw over her shoulder as she smirks, Ron chuckles "and fighting a demon no less...wait I remember this guy!" He says, Grell smiles twistedly as her voice filled with rage "this is the bastard that killed Luna, isn't it?" She growls. I giggled "thank you both, just don't tell undertaker and we can kill him together!" I giggle, Grell smiles "don't need to tell me twice!" He says, racing forward as both the golden cutlery and Grell's death scythe meet. Ron smirks with a chuckle "hey, you don't tell William we're here and we won't tell undertaker, now let's take out the trash!" He says, starting up his death scythe as I race forward to aid The red reaper.

We fought for about 30 more minutes before he disappeared on us. I sigh and wipe the blood off my scythe and glance at a cut on my shoulder and one on my leg. Grell yawned "well then! I think it's time we finish this battle another day, be safe on your way home love. Get some sleep!" She says, Ron nods "yeah!" I nod "thanks for the help!" I call as they disappear. Sighing I make my way back to the shop and sneak in once more, cleaning the blood off my clothes before making sure my wounds heal so it wouldn't look suspicious in the morning. I slide into bed, thinking about the fight before falling asleep.

Undertaker's POV

I watch Ebony from a crack in the doorway, I wait quietly until they fall asleep and I sigh. Silly girl, just like her mother. Which reminds me, I frown slightly and turn, quietly making my way to my office room. I step inside and close the door, running my taloned fingers across the spines of the books that filled my shelves before pulling out a thick reddish brown book that looked as if it was brand new. I smiled down at it as I set it on my desk, opening it and scanning through the chapters before finding what I was looking for. Soon I was thrown into the memory of the night before Luna's death, the night we slept soundly with our newborn baby. My heart ached when the memory ended and I closed the book. I'm glad I snatched it from the archives, because now Ebony could truly learn about her mother if that's what she wished.

I just hope she lives a long and happy life, safe from the cruelty her mother and I faced in both life and death.