¥ Chapter 8 ¥

I...

Yes, but...

----------------------------

Ciel's POV

As we rode in the carriage I stared out the window, contemplating. Sebastian's voice catches my attention "I'm surprised you didn't tell them of the Trancy ball that will be held in two days" he says, I roll my eyes "And throw Ebony into such a situation? I would rather die than let him force her into a marriage" I say, my voice monotone but had a stern edge, I was hesitant to even allow Lizzy to go, even if she was my wife. Sebastian smiled slightly "Your lying my lord. I believe you want to kill him yourself instead of giving those two the chance" he points out, I frown slightly "tch, even if that were true I would never admit it aloud. Though I have no doubt Alois has already sent an invitation, though we must keep our intentions a secret, what we discuss tomorrow will be about this demon who has decided to target Ebony. Am I making myself clear, Sebastian?" I ask, turning my head to stare at him sternly. He puts his hand at the base of his shoulder and bends slightly "as you wish, my lord" he confirms before straightening once again.

If Ebony or Undertaker were to kill Alois my goal would be incomplete, and all my work would have been for nothing. An idea slid into my brain, one that may be perfect "actually, no, I'll tell them...but, that doesn't mean they can't kill the real murderer" I say, sensing Sebastian's smirk.

Ebony's POV

The next morning father and I take a carriage to the Phantomhive manor. Once we arrive dad doesn't knock, instead he just opens the door and walks in. I watch him climb the stairs leading into the hallways with a dumbfounded expression but I can't help but giggle as I chase after him. Dad turns to me "why don't you go find lady Elizabeth? I'll meet you in the gardens with Ciel" he says, throwing open the study door. I laugh as I hear a confused and angry Ciel, I make my way down the halls, following the sound of swords clashing. I peeked into a room that had a tile floor and was completely empty, I noticed Lizzy in her fencing uniform and Sebastian still in his butler attire, they seemed to be fencing together. This made me giggle since they both seemed evenly matched at sword fighting, both with lightning fast reflexes "it appears I may be interrupting a duel?" I say, more like a question. The two freeze and turn to me as I step into the room "that was quite interesting might I say" I giggled, Lizzy threw off her helmet and enveloped me in a hug "it's so great to see you, Ebony!" She squealed, spinning in a circle and taking me with her. I giggled as she stopped and allowed me to pull out of the embrace, Sebastian chuckled "if you're here then I'm guessing Undertaker must be with my master?" He asks, sliding his weapon into a stand which held multiple other swords.

I nodded "yes, he said he'd meet me in the garden, which I'm guessing he's just dragging Ciel along behind him, hehe" I giggle, Lizzy smiles "well then, let me change then I'll see you there. I'm sure Sebastian would like to go with you as well" she says brightly. Once Sebastian and I leave the room we're silent until he breaks it "how is reaper training going? I'm not very educated in the ways of the reapers" he says, I smirk "well let's just say I passed my assessment class with the highest scores which landed me on a third year level, since I could easily beat William they assigned me an elite reaper named Tessa Adeline" I explain, he thinks for a moment "ah! I remember meeting her, quite the skilled fighter if I recall her style correctly" he admits. I giggle "was she able to beat you?" I asked curiously, a teasing edge to my voice. He smirked darkly "just barely, though I was able to do quite a bit of damage" he says.

Once we arrive in the garden I spot Ciel and my father sitting at a table, both seemed to be talking about an event? Sebastian walked over to Ciel, taking his place beside the Earl. I looked around, spotting my mother's grave stone which was covered in dark blue roses, the vines wiggled around trying to get the best sunlight while still standing connected to the stone. I skipped down the steps and sat on my knees in a patch of grass just beside the group of three "well then, now that we're all here it's time to discuss our demon issue" Ciel says, his voice made him sound bored. I glanced over at them "well for starters he goes by the first name of Darren, or at least that's the name his last master gave to him. Other than that I was only able to assess his appearance and hunting and fighting style, nothing really stuck out. His hands were gloved as well so I couldn't see his contract symbol" I explain, Sebastian thinks for a moment "Sebastian?" Ciel questions. The butler smiles slightly "does he have dark violet hair?" He asks me, his crimson eyes glancing down at me, I nod. Sebastian nods and sighs "I know this demon, my lord. Though he is quite young he's exceptional when it comes to fighting and hunting. He's one of the very few demons who don't make contracts unless it benefits the hunt" Sebastian explains, I frown slightly "that would explain his fighting style and his hunting style, I was able to figure it out just by hearing his attempts at flirting, he fights with a sword, persuading and controlling his prey, correct?" I ask, looking up at Sebastian to see him nod.

Ciel sighs "well, it seems he might end up actually becoming a problem if he enjoys the hunt. I have no doubt he'll be following you around or popping up in unexpected places" Ciel says, seeming quite annoyed "but onto more important matters...Both Undertaker and I have received an invitation to the Trancy Manor for a ball tomorrow, Alois has just returned from a few years of traveling and apparently is looking for a wife. I'm not bringing this up because I want him to consider you, Absolutely not, but as you know I have a goal and that is to kill him" Ciel explains which is when my father steps in "so I have agreed to allow Ciel to kill the Earl Trancy-" I cut him off with an angry glare "what!? But he-" I start and my father chuckles. "I wasn't finished, young lady...besides it wasn't Alois who killed your mother" undertaker says, a mischievous smile on his face, I smirk, now realizing what he meant.

"So we get to squash the demon spider instead"