⁴.¹⁰dance lesson

Começar do início

A Yule Ball. That's what was happening. How she didn't figure that out? She blames it on the non-existent ringing that used to be in her ear. Athena might seem like the type to not be a big fan of formal balls, but she actually liked it. She gets to dress up all fancy for once. The only time she ever gets to dress up for something would be if Tony had hosted some sort of formal party (not exactly formal, someone usually gets pissed in the end).

"-The Yule Ball, is first and foremost, a dance." Professor McGonagall had announced. Many whispers had occurred, whines and groans can also be heard from the boys' side, but Athena slouched.

"Well bloody Блядь. I can't dance." She stated, causing some girls around her to laugh. "Don't bloody laugh! I'm probably going to be tripping or stepping onto whoever I'm dancing with's shoes! Poor bloke."

(translation: fuck)

"Well then, aren't you glad Professor McGonagall is giving us lessons?" Hermione raised her eyebrow at the girl who suddenly straightened her posture and sat up.

"Ooh yes! I can volunteer as her dancing partner!" She exclaimed. "Better yet, I can ask her to the ball-"

"Silence! The house of Godric Gryffindor has commanded the respect of the Wizard world for nearly ten centuries," The Professor spoke. "I will not have you cost a single evening besmirching that name by behaving like a babbling, bumbling band of baboons!"

"Try saying that five times faster." Athena whispered to Ginny, who was seated on her left, as the younger girl had tried to say the phrase five times fast. The two were pretty much focused on trying to say the phrase, until McGonagall had pulled Ron to the centre.

"Mister Weasley, will you join me please." That wasn't really a question, more like a statement. Athena snickered, but also had a pouty face as soon as she realised that he was going to dance with him.

"Wait- no- Minnie! I wanted to dance with you!" Athena yelled out, the eyes of everyone looking at her. Some had laughed, a few had grinned, a few just merely smiled (Ron actually looked thankful). Professor McGonagall was none. She could be a part of those who smiled, but the elder woman had to keep a straight face - but those who looked close enough can see that the woman was trying her hardest not to.

"As much as I admire that you wanting to volunteer, I'm afraid I have already chosen Mister Weasley." The Head of Gryffindor announced, making Athena mutter "stupid Ron" as she slouched on her spot again.

"Now... Place your right hand on my waist."

"Where?" Ron whispered. Looking embarrassed. Someone had whistled, Ron looked at the person who had done so, and Athena glared at that so-called person.

"My waist."

Ron placed his hand on the lady's waist. Then the music had started playing, and the two had started dancing. "One, two, three... One, two, three..."

Athena could spot Weasley twins swaying to the music, which made her regain her posture and remove the pout on her face.

"Everybody, come together." Then almost all the girls had stood up, finding a partner to dance with. Athena had stayed on the seats, knowing she was a terrible dancer. The boys had also stayed on their seats, probably finding the situation embarrassing. "Boys on your feet!"

Neville, being the brave man he was, had stood up, looking for a partner to dance with. Sadly, the girls didn't want to dance with the boy, upsetting him. Athena had noticed that, and frowned. Walking over to him, she grabbed his hands, placing it on her waist as she placed one hand on her shoulder and held his other.

"Okay, you have a partner, I have a partner. Now, help me because I absolutely suck at dancing." Athena breathed out, causing Neville to laugh and nod. He started leading first, Athena following his steps - occasionally tripping over nothing - and dancing along to the music. And as progress happened, she had gotten the hang of it.

The music had finished. McGonagall told everyone to practice and look good at the ball. Dates were pretty much compulsory, but it would have been alright if someone hadn't found one by the day the Yule Ball had taken place. Everyone was exiting the Hall. Athena stayed back - the other three plus the twins joining her - wanting to ask McGonagall a question.

"My dearest Minnie-"

"Athena, if you are about to ask me to be your date to the Yule Ball, then I would kindly reject your offer." McGonagall had stated simply, Athena's mouth dropping.

"Why?! I have no one to go with then!" The Black exclaimed dramatically.

"Well, for one, it is quite inappropriate of me going with you. And I wouldn't want to disappoint any of the many boys waiting to ask you. They, or you, have time until the night of Yule eve. You would have found someone to go as your date by then."

"Fine," Athena crossed her arms, before dropping them. "but you better save me a dance!"

┍━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┑

━edited -siriuslycv 2023©

┕━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┙