Can't Even Think Straight {23}

En başından başla

                I rolled over on my bed, trying to block out what had happened yesterday. I knew Evan was going to try to find out our conversation today, and I wouldn’t let him.

                I wasn’t using Evan. I was really starting to fall in love with him. I didn’t know what it was about him that drew me in, but there was something. Maybe how cute he was, or how obliviously narcissistic. Maybe it was the fact that he was so happy-go-lucky about everything without even realizing it.

                “Sebastian? Are you still in bed?” my mom asked, cracking my bedroom door open and peeking in. She glared at me and stepped into my room. “Sebastian Kristof Amsel! You get out of bed right now before you’re late for school!”

                “Sorry, sorry,” I mumbled, sitting up and running a hand through my hair.

                “You’re too old for me to be waking you up for school Sebastian. You need to be more responsible. You’re 17 years old,” mom said sternly.

                “I’m sorry mom,” I said, getting out of bed and going over to grab my clothes. I really wanted to tell her to go away, but I knew she would ground me if I was rude to her. I wanted to hang out with Evan tonight. I couldn’t get grounded.

                “You’re too old for me to be doing this kind of stuff Sebastian. Set two alarms if you have to,” she said, still ranting to me. Ugh. It was too early in the morning for this.

                “Mom, I don’t mean to interrupt you, but can you please leave my room so I can change?” I asked politely.

                “Yes, I can. But so help me god, if you wake up late for school one more time, I will not be happy with you Sebastian. You’ve done it a lot this year,” she said before shutting my door.

                I let out a breath of relief as I changed my clothes. I went out to the bathroom and brushed my teeth. I looked at my hair in the mirror and sighed. Talk about a hot mess.

                I went back to my bedroom and pulled on a slouch beanie. I grabbed my backpack and my car keys.

                “Sebastian Kristof Amsel! You look like a hobo with that thing on your head!” mom said, glaring at the slouch beanie.

                “I’ll take it off when I get to school mom,” I said, really wanting her to go away. I wasn’t in the mood. I was still angry from Rory’s words. Everything he had said kept replaying in my head.

                “And don’t speed,” she said. “Or else you lose the car.”

                I nodded, having heard that a million times already. “I know mom. But I have to go now. I’m going to be late. Goodbye.”

                I left the house as fast as I could and took off towards school. Leave it to my mother to make me even angrier.

                I got out once I got to school. I went inside and looked around until I spotted Murphy. I went over to him.

                “What’s got you in a mood?” he asked curiously, glancing at me.

                “I’m not in a mood,” I lied pleasantly.

                “Seb, I can see it in your eyes. I seriously hate when you think I don’t know you after seven years,” Murphy said, rolling his eyes at me.